A TRUSTED EXECUTIVE PARTNER AND VALUE CREATOR with over 2 decades of excellence guiding global growth and transformation initiatives, realizing game-changing process improvements and cost efficiencies, and securing a competitive edge in the Healthcare, Pharma and Semiconductor industries.
CORPORATE STRATEGY| OPERATIONAL EXECUTION | BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION
Omicron Partners 2016 - Present
• Served as Interim Vice President of Operations for a Generic Pharma, managing all phases of complex $200M post-merger integration of 2 acquired companies (36 CMOs, 2 3PLs) within an expedited 6-month timeframe, while concurrently launching a state-of-the-art pharma distribution center. Consolidated 3 ERP systems into a single SAP instance within 6 months. Developed and implemented a global S&IOP process for over 600 skus in 36 CMOs to achieve 100% inventory targets.
• Partnered with healthcare software start-up in developing a new entry within medical devices, guiding strategy and assisting with VC pitch netting company a $3M Series A investment.
HonorHealth 2014 – 2016
VICE PRESIDENT, PROCUREMENT & SUPPLY CHAIN
• Spearheaded post-merger restructuring of a $600M/yr procurement and supply chain operations organization and brought operational costs in-line with value-based payment model requirements.
• Developed a $100M, three-year strategic cost reduction roadmap that banked $60M in 2 years and also created a centralized shared services operation for procurement, value analysis, contracting, supply chain, biomedical engineering and purchased services operations.
• Led standardization of the supply chain item master consisting of over 70,000 items in one year while consolidating 2 ERPs into one cloud-based ERP system in 6 months.
Vanguard/Tenet Health 2010 – 2014
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER, VICE PRESIDENT, SUPPLY CHAIN
• Recruited to bring hospital system supply and operational costs in line with declining procedural volumes and net revenue for Arizona Regional operator of integrated healthcare network.
• Executed a full financial turnaround of bankrupt AZ heart hospital within 12 months, generating $67M in revenue and $4.9M EBITDA.
• Achieved supply and operational savings of $40M in first year and was asked to take on additional role of CIO to bring project schedules and costs in line that resulted in $35M in Meaningful Use revenue through deployment of ICD-10 and EHR applications in Arizona.
Tata Consultancy Services 2006 – 2010
SENIOR MANAGER, STRATEGY & OPERATIONS
• Developed supply chain practice and new business opportunities for manufacturing, life sciences, and high-tech clients.
• Pursued and secured a 5-year outsourcing deal with Sony Entertainment valued at over $100M.
• Collaborated with senior Mexican Government officials to implement a healthcare transformation roadmap yielding a 5-year NPV of $1.15B.
• Integrated newly spun off $200M medical device division from Ethicon to PE-backed startup Devicor Medical, including a full transfer of factory lines from Juarez to Tijuana, Mexico and launched 3PL operations in U.S, Europe and Asia.
• Rationalized IT banking portfolio and realized $40M in annual cost savings for Large Regional Bank in CA.
Intel Corporation 1997 – 2006
LEADERSHIP POSITIONS IN SUPPLY CHAIN OPERATIONS AND IT
PRIOR ROLES AS ENTERPRISE BUSINESS ARCHITECT, SUPPLY CHAIN PRODUCT LINE MANAGER /PROJECT MANAGER, COMMODITY MANAGER AND CORPORATE PURCHASING OPERATIONS
• Led digitization of Intel's supply chain for all direct materials factories worldwide while driving over $130M cost reductions and process improvements. Established a global S&IOP, demand/materials planning, purchasing, inventory control and implemented SAP ERP.
• Served as an expert in deploying digital technologies that rapidly monetized an aggregate savings of over $15M in Assembly/Test Manufacturing commodities.
GlaxoSmithKline 1988 – 1997
EXECUTIVE HEALTH SYSTEMS SALES, PRIOR ROLE AS SENIOR MEDICAL CENTER/REGIONAL FIELD TRAINER
• During hostile takeover, demonstrated value by training those displaced by the merger, while simultaneously achieving 115% of total quota and 127% of quota for 10 flagship products. Earlier successes included ousting major competitor from five key accounts, and winning President's Club (top 50 in US) and Premier Performer (2 years).