LEADERSHIP THAT DELIVERS GROWTH
Innovative and driven Global Strategy, Marketing and Sales Executive who ensures business success through rigorous strategic thinking, creative solutions and decisive leadership.
* Senior Global Operations Leader: For Pfizer's 2nd largest region, provide HQ-level leadership to cluster leads and health / wellness portfolio leads for Europe, Middle East, and Africa
* Growth Driver: Created over $450MM in retail sales growth with more than 9 years of P&L ownership throughout Pfizer career. Built enduring brand platforms across leading consumer health categories with experience taking two top-20 Over-The-Counter (OTC) drug brands to a #1 share position.
* Change-Agent: Driver of change, both planned (EMEA Restructure, Advil repositioning) and in response to market challenges (Middle East remediation, Nexium Launch reboot, Tylenol supply response).
* Brand Builder: Led US commercial launch of Nexium Rx-to-OTC switch. Led Advil Franchise to record growth and launched Advil PM, the most successful line-extension in Advil history.
* Influencer: Proven track-record driving consensus among senior leadership across the enterprise in support of new business models and opportunities that drive business growth.
* Talent Champion: Proven history managing cross-functional teams, empowering direct reports and positioning them to advance to roles of increasing responsibility. Recognized as a discerning talent stage-gate.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* Global Marketing & Sales Operations
* Brand Management | Enterprise Leader
* Retailer Relations | Trade & Price Strategy
* Strategic Planning | Insight Development
* New Product Development | Rx to OTC Switch
* Omni-Channel Strategy & Execution
Creative, Sustainable Solutions that Drive Growth
PFIZER CONSUMER HEALTHCARE (Formerly Wyeth Consumer Healthcare)
Madison, NJ 1997 - Present
One of the largest OTC healthcare companies in the world with a global footprint in more than 90 countries.
Aggressively promoted at Pfizer over a 20-year period, in recognition for creatively solving long-standing problems and overcoming unique challenges. Proven history of leadership, partnership and strategic planning that delivered against aggressive goals.
Director Commercial Operations - Strategy / Marketing / Sales, EMEA
Selected for regional leadership role designed to progress candidate to Senior Leader or Country Manager. Position requires 25% - 35% international travel monthly.
Report directly to Regional President, providing HQ-level leadership to the cluster leads for Europe, Middle East, and Africa, and the health and wellness portfolio leads across all aspects of commercial activities and the full product portfolio.
* Manage regional sales & marketing execution. Coordinate strategy / marketing / sales operations for the Europe / Middle East / Africa (EMEA) region - represented by 70+ countries and 800+ employees, with over $650MM in retail sales. Role involves leading market/brand prioritization, assistance on priority marketing and sales platforms, P&L management, collaborating on annual business plan and key issue response.
* Lead development and implementation of regional strategy for EMEA. Drove development of Operating Plan including regional strategy, market & brand segmentation recommendations, innovation prioritization and regional profit enhancements (Gross to Net, Sales Efficiency, and Market Exit Strategies).
* Drove critical response efforts for EMEA region. Point-person responsible for coordinating market/headquarters response for emerging risks/opportunities including:
- Creation of a Regional Cluster Model. First restricting within 10-years. Introduced new model to improve execution against strategic priorities and drive development / launch of regional / global innovation.
- Middle East Market Restructure: 4-month effort involving investigation, compliance response and creation of new SOP. Drove liaison with Regional President and report-out to Global Leadership team. Year one performance exceeded target expectations (103% of budget).
Brand Director, Nexium Rx-To-OTC Switch, 2013 - 2015
Pfizer charged Consumer Health to create a consumer brand from the switch of Nexium (largest Prescription brand in history); launch would come to define PCH's future switch playbook while overcoming fourth-to-market status.
Selected to lead US Commercial launch; responsible for 3-year brand strategy, communication platform, and go-to-market plan; manage cross-functional team of 42 people, five agencies and a $260MM marketing budget.
* Responsible for US commercial launch of Nexium 24HR which exceeded corporate & retailer expectations, drove brand to retail sales of +$310MM; and achieved #1 share position and category growth of +19%.
* Led creation of Flexible Response Marketing Plan emphasizing measured risk in key launch areas (media strategy, trade planning, creative platform, structure, managed care). Drove record year one performance of $297MM retail sales.
* Co-led Sales prioritization campaign prioritizing unique Omni-channel platforms with Wal-Mart, CVS and Walgreens partners. Managed cross-functional sales, marketing & supply operations teams over 18 month period in launch preparation. Retailers delivered 62% of year one volume and exceeded launch forecast
* Oversaw creative platform which reframed consumer category proposition to focus on new proactive heartburn prevention regimen; final creative tested in top 10% of all prior Millward Brown advertising test history.
* Led crisis response for FDA-mandated label change 10 weeks prior to launch. Introduced enterprise-plan delivering 97% of original target.
* Co-led development of new managed care channel creation strategy based on first-ever proactive Rx contract model, valued at $100MM in retail sales.
Brand Director, Advil Franchise, 2012 - 2013
Promoted in-line to lead a brand that needed to aggressively seize market advantage in a time of rapid change.
Full P&L responsibility for $680MM retail Advil Franchise (Advil, Advil PM, and Children's brands), representing 33% of PCH portfolio and a $225MM marketing budget. Responsible for all elements of annual and long-term brand plans overseeing cross-functional team of 53 professionals, eight direct reports, seven agency partners.
* Drove Advil portfolio to highest growth in history ($680MM retail) (+12%), with each brand in portfolio achieving #1 share and record retail sales (Advil - $541MM, Advil PM - $90MM, Children's - $49MM).
* Managed cross-functional effort to integrate portfolio strategies; prioritized new messaging platform (FACT campaign), re-launch of Advil Migraine and new distribution program; yielded +20% in Children's/PM brands.
* Restructured portfolio price architecture from 23 to 7price points. Drove increased portfolio synergies (Migraine, PM, Children's) increasing Advil PM sales +7% and Children's +10%.
* Influenced sales leadership approval of new trade strategy utilizing key event periods aligned with integrated Trade, Consumer, and Media support - results yielded highest trade ROI's in portfolio history.
Senior Product Manager, Advil, 2008 - 2011
Full P&L ownership of brand with annual sales of $500MM and a $130MM marketing budget. Led strategic planning, managed all elements of marketing plan, four staff members and four partner agencies.
* First to drive Advil business over $500MM, achieving $514MM retail (+$49MM) and a 15.6 market share (+0.4pts).
* Led team repositioning effort introducing core consumer insight of implicit hierarchy of relief. Introduced first new superiority claim in 10 years. Drove a 6% increase in sales and was recognized in new FACT creative campaign.
* Developed Omni-channel response plan to exploit competitive supply disruption, yielded +$12MM in gains.
Senior Product Manager, Advil PM, 2007 - 2008
Product Manager, Advil PM, 2006 - 2007
Full P&L ownership of second largest PM Analgesic brand; annual sales of $70MM and a $35MM marketing budget.
* Launched and grew brand to $70MM in retail sales. After 3 years, delivered $52MM in category growth.
* Created launch trial strategy successfully challenging market leader and delivering $56MM sales, 3% trial.
Product Manager/Associate Product Manager, Robitussin Syrups, 2002 - 2006
Senior Manager, US Marketplace Assessment, 1997 - 2002
BA In Liberal Arts, Math & History Focus, The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA, 1994