Company builder, who merged two companies, took another public, and transitioned one from post-investment Series A stage to manufacturing. All while recording numerous instances of rapid sales growth, strategic blueprinting, and turning around manufacturing, marketing, and product development.
Chief Executive Officer (2013 - )
US based MEMS (micro-electromechanical systems) manufacturer. The Company incorporates high tech semiconductor Fab manufacturing processes with MEMS technology to supply the market with first of its kind sensor technology. Starting as a consultant, hired as General Manager, and promoted to Chief Executive Officer in 2013.
- Turned around manufacturing operations by realigning staff, implementing ISO 9001 protocols, and establishing inventory, scheduling, and financial controls.
- Drove a product recovery process which improved yield by 100% by correcting two major product issues.
- Led a product redesign, realizing product cost and size reductions of 90% and 50%, respectively, while improving performance by 50%.
- Secured a manufacturing order which would increase sales and margins by 7x over 3 years.
- Developed a manufacturing and marketing rights partnership with a premiere industrial electronics company that increase sales and margins by 7x over 3 years.
- Assumed control of and guided a project to build a new manufacturing Fab that was 2x over-budget and delayed to an on-time completion and within budget providing the Company with 100x manufacturing capacity.
Partner & Founder (2010 - 2012)
Co-founded the consulting firm to start, acquire, invest in, and secure capital for small businesses.
- Developed the business plan and financial justification for client to attract a $3 million+ equity investment from international manufacturer.
Senior VP of Business Development (2004 - 2009)
An industry leading manufacturer of energy efficiency products and solutions. Started as a salesperson and promoted to National Accounts Sales, VP of Business Development, and ultimately Senior VP of Business Development in 2006.
- Member of the Executive Management team that led the effort to increase sales from $10 million to over $80 million, resulting in a listing on the Inc. 500 and going public on the NASDAQ.
- Reassigned to make profitable the Companys flagging wireless product line. Taking charge, reorganized the groups staffing, development responsibilities, product designs, software system development, resulting in aligning the product line to the highest use value proposition for customers. Product sales doubled within six months.
- Acquired new National Accounts that included 100 of the Fortune 500.
- Grew sales to 15% of the Companys revenue by 2007 ($80 million).
Founder & President (2003 - 2004)
Distribution Company for a manufacturer of energy efficiency solutions in the upper Midwest.
- Generated an annualized sales volume of > $1 million, becoming the #1 distributor and > 7% of the manufacturers sales within eight months.
- Merged business operations into the manufacturer.
Founder, & President (1996 - 2003),
The Company provided operational expense management solutions to mid-market manufacturing companies in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Saved customers at mid-market manufacturing companies (revenues of $10 400 million) such as Red Wing Shoe Company and Hutchinson Technology on average over 20% annually in operating costs.
- Developed software solutions that validated and documented customer cost savings and supported the revenue model of no fees without confirmation of savings.
- Increased the business to 15 full time employees and revenues of over $1 million.
- Merged the business into an accounting firms consulting practice in 2002.
Director of Services (1992 - 1996)
One of the largest national college fraternal organizations. Served leadership roles in managing over 200 chapters nationwide and developing a new leadership training model for members.
- Launched the first ever non-hazing, member and leadership development program.
- Achieved over 50% voluntarily adoption rate of the program.
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
Minor Computer Engineering
With the executive team, rang the opening bell for NASDAQ in 2008