Innovative IT and Business Leader and seasoned executive who leverages technology to transform business, motivate people, build value and efficiency to drive productivity. Expert in strategic process improvement and merging business needs with technology. Extensive experience using methodologies including Lean Six Sigma, business process improvement and cloud solutions for commercial, non-profit and government clients. MBA, PMP, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. Notable accomplishments:
* Business and Technology Transformation: Analytical subject matter expert; led BPI/BPR initiatives to develop a modern case management system for immigration agency. Led team to win Federal award for significant improvements to portfolio management for critical TSA security systems.
* System Design and Implementation: Award-winning accomplishments include virtualizing a data center, resulting in retiring old systems, a 25% decrease in energy utilization, and 90% virtualization. Initiated standardization of infrastructure, high availability and significant licensing and cost savings by reducing O&M costs.
* Improved ROI from BPR/BPI: Eliminated hundreds of thousands of dollars in annual expenses by implementing systems and quality control processes, including standing up a customer contact center including ticketing, knowledge management and standard operating procedures to reduce client case backlog from over 5000 cases to under 1000 in 3 months.
* New Operations: Developed concept of operations to stand up records management line of business for National Archives, and worked with CBP to launch Reimbursable Services Program, which has surpassed its Congressional goals.
* Educate and train staff: Taught Six Sigma Green Belt and CMMI/Process standardization to help individuals achieve Six Sigma and PMP certifications. Held key role in achieving CMMI certification at current company; focus on project management and analytical skill development.
DELIVERING VALUE WITH LEADERSHIP QUALITIES
* Account Management
* Change Management
* Budget Management and Cost Minimization
* Integration of Business and IT Strategy
* Optimization of Business through Technology
* Process Improvement
* Creating High-Performance Teams
* Program/Project Management
* Cloud/ Virtualization / Architecture
* Six Sigma (Black Belt)/Lean Enterprise / Agile
* Data Management & Visualization
* Data Analytics / Performance Metrics
* Technology Implementation
* Regulatory Compliance
* Contract Negotiations & Vendor Management
INTEGRATING MANAGEMENT & TECHNOLOGY EXPERTISE FOR BUSINESS SUCCESS
DIRECTOR / ACCOUNT MANAGER, BRMI, Washington, DC. Professional services firm specializing in strategy and technology-based transformations for Federal agencies, 10/2011 present.
Recruited to lead and manage new and/or troubled projects. They were concluded successfully. Customer satisfaction owner, contract negotiation, Agile BPI senior strategist, and enterprise architecture developer/reviewer for three major accounts in law enforcement, immigration and security, then two other civilian agencies. Direct and/or matrix manage up to 20 cross-disciplinary staff (finance, PM, IT (CRM/LES/user interface, content developers, technical SMEs), relationship management, business line experts) for up to four concurrent projects. Administered annual project budgets in the $500K-$5M range.
* Facilitated an average of $5M in new and extended business contracts annually.
* Implemented a customer contact center that significantly reduced case backlog for credentialing programs by identifying process consolidation & automation solutions built upon existing technology
* Created concept of operations and underlying structures to stand up both a public-private partnership and a cross-agency service for civilian agencies
* Consistently saved firm and clients hundreds of thousands dollars annually by assembling, directing and motivating lean but high productivity teams of experts (typically 5 instead of 8), unlocking value in clients current systems to reduce future expenses, identifying & eliminating bottlenecks and improving systems & procedures.
* Honors--2014 DHS Small Business Achievement Award for TSA Air Cargo Project Management Office.
PRINCIPAL, SENIOR STRATEGY EXPERT, COMPUTER SCIENCES CORPORATION (CSC), Falls Church, VA, 09/2007 10/2011
Developed analytical approach to resolve accuracy and credibility issues using Six Sigma, Lean and data visualization. Matrix managed teams of up to 6 internal and external staff engaged in implementing BPI initiatives. Six Sigma Green Belt trainer; certified 7 teams during tenure.
* Completed high-profile projects for clients including data defects analysis which resulted in 23 recommendations (21 implemented) to improve accuracy for two USCIS verification programs.
* Stood up reporting system and implemented first executive dashboard for major Federal program.
* Facilitated greenfield system re-design and numerous interim BPR initiatives for case management improvements to increase accuracy and streamline processes.
* Developed roadmap, re-usable cost model and methodology to transform clients infrastructure; built cloud offering collaborating with CSC Federal, commercial and international practices. Also led a team to address infrastructure challenges, managing a data center initiative resulting in 25% decrease in energy consumption, physical footprint and 90% virtualization.
* Honors--Three annual awards, CSC Chairman Award Finalist, CSC Business Unit Level President Award, and a Federal client award for management excellence.
PRINCIPAL/SENIOR BUSINESS CONSULTANT, SERCO-NA Vienna, VA. Division of Serco PLC, 4/2007- 9/2007
Executive team member for the Journey to Excellence program (J2E); advanced and launched an IT SOA infrastructure strategy and change management plan; ran Six Sigma workshops.
SENIOR CHANGE ENGINEER/ MANAGER, AMERICAN RED CROSS Washington, DC, 8/2003 4/2007
Recruited to implement Business Process Reengineering to manage risks, reduce issues and create efficiencies. Change management/Lean Six Sigma; led cross-functional, national project teams credited with 10-40% reduction in defects/costs; improved record-keeping and eliminated blood handling & recording redundancies.
Managed set of 47 projects relating to FDA inspection of Bio-medical headquarters; performed pointed reviews to identify critical areas to reduce regulatory risk in preparation for Federal regulatory inspections, and reduced response time to FDA from 72 days to 30 days.
PRINCIPAL, COMBINED KNOWLEDGE, LLC, Arlington, VA. 2/2002- 2/2004
Hired to develop strategic business and technology solutions. For one client, served as corporate controller; Reduced debt, renegotiated credit terms, lowered monthly fixed costs by over 30%; managed payroll, A/P.
SENIOR CONSULTANT, KPMG CONSULTING, McLean, Virginia. 11/1999 2/2002; 3/1994 - 8/1996
Operations for financial services firms needed improvement. Completed multiple projects with commercial financial services firms to develop loss forecasts, manage default rates, provide investor reporting, and design/implement systems. Created management reporting models to aid businesses in improving predictions of future profits and losses.
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST, American Management Systems Fairfax, Virginia, 8/1998 - 11/1999
BD INTERN /CONSULTANT, The Washington Post Company, Washington, DC 2/1997 - 11/1997
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
PMP, Project Management Institute (2015)
Six Sigma Black Belt, American Society of Quality (2009)
MBA, Business Administration, MBA Scholar, Georgetown University (1998)
BA, International Relations, Merit Scholar, University of Pennsylvania (1993)