* General Management
* Supply Chain
Accomplished Senior Manager and Director with industrial and consumer goods experiences in production, P&L, engineering, maintenance, EHS, purchasing, product development, warehousing and logistics. Results-oriented, analytical leader with proven successes in general management, continuous improvements, and turnarounds involving large, medium and small-cap companies. Track record of improving safety, changing cultures, commercializing products, developing employees, and reducing and avoiding costs while focusing on the customer.
* Continuous Improvements
* Safety & Quality Assurance
* Product Development
* Waste Elimination
* Strategic Planning
* Change Agent
* Employee Development
* Budgets & Cost Control
ENCADRIA and BROWN CONSULTING, Greenville, SC
July 2014 - Present
Marketing and selling my expertise to industrial and consumer goods clients on projects involving product development, manufacturing improvements, product costs, equipment selection, continuous improvements, formulations, innovation, and due diligence to name a few.
* Led production improvements and successful plant trials in demonstrating and improving product stability in full-scale production. New, stable products are currently sold nationally.
* Showed client ways to develop approved pesticide products: identifying usable formulations; walking client through product regulations; and developing prototypes.
CR BRANDS, Spartanburg, SC
November 2006 - June 2014
Director of Operations and Supply Chain
Ensured on-time and in-full delivery of all products for $50 million consumer product manufacturer of cleaners and detergents. Directed manufacturing, sourcing, product commercialization, and logistics, including production, R&D, purchasing, EHS, quality, budgets, warehousing, and shipping.
* Changed quality behavioral culture with discipline manufacturing processes, and instilling a sense of pride in the product we shipped to our customers.
* Championed Lean implementation resulting in eliminating waste and improving safety (such as, reducing OSHA Recordables to zero for three years in a row at multiple sites with Lean 6S).
* Restructured the Operations and Supply Change Team by hiring a production manager, quality manager, warehouse supervisor, and developing and promoting a plant manager, purchasing manager, and logistics manager.
* Planned and implemented strategic improvements in operating efficiencies, manufacturing, and purchasing; saving $9 million and adding 15% to EBITDA.
* Worked with customers and Sales in supporting and leading product developments and innovations (such as, commercializing concentrated products).
* Evaluated whether to make or buy finished goods, and sourced contract manufacturers. For example, saved 10% on cost of goods by sourcing a second contract manufacturer for dry products.
ELEMENTIS SPECIALTIES, Charleston, WV
June 2005 - June 2006
Managed entire site of union and non-union employees, including manufacturing, procurement, engineering, maintenance, quality, HR, accounting, warehouse and shipping.
* Introduced new technology to recover quickly from process upsets resulting in increasing equipment uptime rates, increasing on-time and in-full customer order fulfillment from 47% to 98%, and saving millions of dollars in lost production and associated downtime expenses.
CLARIANT, HOECHST-CELANESE, CHEMTRADE, Leeds, SC
December 1989 - July 2004
Engineering & Maintenance Manager, Environmental, Health & Safety Manager,
Production and Process Engineer
Led production, maintenance, engineering, and EHS ensuring safe and efficient manufacturing of chemicals using batch and continuous operations.
* Reorganized maintenance by persuading management, then leading project bringing maintenance in-house resulting in $500,000 annual savings and Outstanding Recognition from the Vice President of Operations.
* Utilized Six Sigma techniques in reducing natural gas usage and saving over $300,000.
* Coordinated site responsibilities during a $16 million new plant build and successful startup.
* Promoted to Engineering & Maintenance Manager during time of crisis for providing new leadership in resolving a $1 million capital equipment project delay.
* Led effort in reducing maintenance spending by $1 million annually through reducing inventory, and focusing on predictive and preventative maintenance.
* Reorganized and rebuilt the EHS Department by hiring an Industrial Hygienist and an Environmental Engineer to replace contractors. Then, mentoring and promoting the Industrial Hygienist to EHS Team Leader.
* Piloted and resolved production problems at two plants during the introduction of higher concentration products.
* Won President's Award for developing the first self-directed work team which eliminated permit excursions using statistical process control (SPC).
SCM CHEMICALS, Baltimore, Maryland
Provided area engineering for filtering and calcining titanium dioxide. Plus, primary engineer for two acid wastewater treatment plants making carbon dioxide and gypsum by-products.
BS, CHEMICAL ENGINEERING, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, 1985
Certifications and Training
* Program for Management Development, McColl School of Business Queens University
* Certified Six Sigma Lean Black Belt
* Certified -- ISO 9000 Lead Auditor