Executive Leadership | Marketing | Business Development | Commercialization
Entrepreneurial leader building profitable growth businesses around new technologies or innovations. Expert at scaling business to achieve goals across constantly evolving and intensely competitive markets. Creator of innovative strategies & business models that generate growth and drive change. Skilled at assembling high-performing teams to attain sustainable global growth. Looking to drive rapid growth of a high potential technology enterprise through innovation and organizational leadership.
Delivering results for startups and underperforming divisions of Fortune 500 Companies
* Growth Led software startup to >$1M annual run rate and profits in 3rd quarter after launch
* Strategy Launched electronic materials business and scaled to $10M+ revenue in 2 years
* Turnaround Drove semiconductor division to profitability and $60M+ revenue (>20% CAGR)
* Leadership Presented Chairmans Leadership Excellence Award after 1st year at $14B company
Driving innovation & organizational excellence
* Global Business Growth
* Leadership & Team Development
* Turnarounds & Change Management
* Strategy Creation & Execution
* Profit & Loss (P&L) Responsibility
* New Business Development & Market Expansion
* Technology & Product Commercialization
* Strategic Partnerships & Alliances
* Financial & Operational Management
BUILDING GROWTH BUSINESSES
Advisory Board Member 2013-present
SINOVIA TECHNOLOGIES early stage electronic materials startup
Guide company through transition from R&D to commercialization. Assist with business model and strategy development. Provide novel solutions to business and technical challenges.
SOLIDFX LLC provider of document management software for mobile devices
Startup looking to leverage data organization capabilities into new markets.
P&L responsibility for creating business plan and growth strategy, defining offerings and delivery models, establishing partnerships and building operating infrastructure. Hands-on leader of sales, marketing, finance, HR, and supply chain and logistics activities. Constructed multiplatform strategy across Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS.
* Successfully launched first product into aviation market on time and under budget. Met financial projections and achieved 1st profitable quarter with >$1M annual run rate in 3rd quarter in market.
* Quickly grew global customer base including corporate flight departments, major jet management companies, and charter operations in over 38 countries worldwide. Worked with customers to meet regulatory requirements of US and European authorities. Drove customer support and service to exceed customer expectations.
* Earned accolades from major aviation publications including Flying Magazine, Aviation Consumer, and Plane & Pilot Magazine. Led team in conducting marketing and competitive analysis, establishing market segmentation and positioning strategies, creating product pricing and release plans, and designing and launching marketing communication programs including trade shows, advertising and press relations.
* Built ecommerce platform and integrated internal business processes to ensure smooth cost-effective transactions. Set up vendor relationships and maintained lean overhead.
* Established partnership with Fortune 100 company to facilitate industry-leading product. Negotiated partner contracts and ensured commitments were met. Coordinated legal activities including corporate, contract litigation, and IP filings.
SKY SHORE management consulting firm
Focused on helping businesses grow through business model innovation, strategy implementation, and organizational development.
* Senior advisor to CEO of $100M public electronic component company. Recommended business model and strategy to obtain growth and higher margins. Identified organizational refinements and operational improvements. Evaluated M&A opportunity. Result: Record growth and profits.
* Operational advice and industry insights to CEO of high tech startup seeking additional venture funding. Result: Round successfully raised.
* Appointed by National Research Council to review proposals for 2007 Wright Mega-Centers of Innovation Program of the State of Ohio. Result: Per committees recommendation, state awarded $60M to create a Global Cardiovascular Innovation Center.
EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY 1999-2006
General Manager, Display Materials and VP, Display & Components (2004-2006)
Launched and grew display materials business to >$10M with LCD film & OLED chemical products. Captured design wins with top tier display companies and partnered to accelerate product development and market acceptance. Built nimble organization to successfully compete in high growth market. Created go-to-market strategy and set up Asia-based sales and applications team. Delivered manufacturing facility under budget and on schedule--9 months total time to qualification. Earned reputation as high quality supplier.
* CEO Award Finalist for fostering winning & inclusive culture. Mentored by CEO in 2004-05.
* Invited Speaker at Boston University Photonics Symposium and Stanford University Optics Seminar.
General Manager, OLED Products and VP, Display & Components (2003-2004)
Re-engineered existing business strategy and aligned organization in order to achieve goals. Successfully negotiated multi-million dollar IP licensing contracts with major industry players. Year over year royalty growth exceeded $10M. Focused on yield improvements and drove total manufacturing yields from <10% to over 60% in 6 months. Continued improvements resulted in further manufacturing efficiencies.
* Joined with Camera team to build worlds first OLED camera. Won international awards.
* Elected Board Member of SK Display, a joint venture with Sanyo Corporation. Improved partnership relationship substantially through frequent face-to-face meetings in Japan.
* Invited Speaker at iSuppli Display conference and DisplaySearch Flat Panel Display conference.
General Manager, Image Sensor Solutions and VP, Digital & Applied Imaging (1999-2003)
Led turnaround of semiconductor division from a primarily captive cost center to a profitable $60M+ merchant supplier with ~250 employees. Complete P&L accountability included sales & marketing, R&D, supply chain and manufacturing including in-house fab. Revitalized a struggling organization to focus on growth markets that leveraged world-class image technology and performance-oriented manufacturing capability. Increased sales (>20% CAGR) and significantly improved earnings through key design wins
* Accepted Emmy for innovations in television. Won Photonics Spectra Award 4 yrs in a row.
* Received 2001 Chairmans Leadership Excellence Award. Finalist for 2001 CEO Diversity Award for building a successful culture. Recognized for leadership by local team.
SYNERGY SEMICONDUCTOR (now part of Micrel Semiconductor) communications IC startup
Director of Marketing, High Bandwidth Products
NCR CORPORATION, MICROELECTRONICS DIVISION mixed-signal ASICs & I/O semiconductor business
Manager, Northwest Area Technology Center
Field Applications Engineer
Product Marketing Engineer
Master of Business Administration, Stanford Graduate School of Business
Bachelor of Arts & Science in Electrical Engineering and Economics, Stanford University