Entrepreneurial leader develops, integrates and leads all customer-facing, engineering and operational departments required to create, implement and support software products and services. Energetic professional with proven ability to bring order out of chaos, develop strategies and deliver results.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER DELIVERS STRATEGIC GROWTH
Entrepreneurial leader develops, integrates and leads all customer-facing, engineering and operational departments required to create, implement and support software products and services. Energetic professional with proven ability to bring order out of chaos, develop strategies and deliver results. Combines talent and systems to create effective service delivery mechanisms. Enhances corporate relations with clients and vendors to achieve strategic goals. Establishes successful and scalable infrastructures. Delivers operational excellence within budget resulting in revenue growth.
Chief Operating Officer 10/2009 - Present
Mobile-enabled SaaS communications and sales performance platform for Life Science companies.
Doubled customer base and tripled revenue · Delivered companys first annual profit
Decreased product deployment timeline by 50% · Reduced customer implementation time by 20% Leads company's Operations and Engineering Teams, including Technical Operations, Quality Assurance, Global Alliance/Account Management, Customer Implementations, and Support.
· Realigned companys focus and developed strategic alliances with Fortune 500 Life Science companies, Accenture and others, resulting in substantial growth and effective scaling.
· Replaced infrastructure for scalability while delivering cost reduction and improving quality.
· Deliver and deploy new mobile applications relevant to customers needs.
· Defined monthly operating metrics, developed quality processes and implemented CRM.
· Increased number of team members by >100%. Implemented annual performance reviews.
· Defined and instrumented continuous improvement cycle to ensure exceptional customer implementations and service, consistent quality, and increased revenue.
CLEARWIRE 7/2004 7/2009
Vice President | CIO
Wireless technology, internet and phone service provider with global operations. (Purchased by Sprint)
Developed complete infrastructure to achieve $200M in revenue/IPO · Increased overall revenue >20% Increased Operating Unit Sales by 30% · Decreased customer contact rate by 40%
Created and staffed Clearwires IT, Customer Care and Billing Operations teams from scratch. P & L responsibility for separate open-source software billing and CRM division of company.
· Global deployment of systems and processes to capture 60 markets worldwide.
· Managed and drove unit cost reductions and quality improvements to efficiently grow business.
· Strategic acquisitions delivered substantial improvements in revenue and margin growth.
· Consistently delivered on monthly operational targets for revenue, budget and deployments.
· Scaled team and infrastructure from 0 to 400 employees in a 5-year period.
· Scaled and certified PCI/Sarbox, an open source cashless billing system for company IPO.
· Delivered all Sales, Customer Care, Billing, HR and Financial systems to exceed revenue targets.
TERABEAM 6/2000 6/2004
Senior Vice President Business Operations
Designed and manufactured high capacity broadband systems via free space optics.
Increased business unit revenue by >60% · Reduced COGs by >20%
Reduced shipping cycle from 23 days to 5 days · Drove failure rates to <2%
Full responsibility for Customer Operations, Network Operations, Field Technical Teams, Product Development, Engineering, Procurement, and Manufacturing Teams.
·Created and implemented service delivery strategy resulting in operational efficiency.
·Implemented new millimeter wave production line and Kanban manufacturing system.
·Launched new flagship product and a low cost product on time to capture new markets.
·Drove improvements in equipment operating range while reducing defect rates.
AT&T WIRELESS SERVICES 5/1996 5/2000
Vice President Customer Systems
Leading provider of advanced wireless voice and data services. Acquired McCaw Cellular in 1994. (ATT.com)
Reduced annual operating costs by 10% while growing company revenue 40% annually
MCCAW CELLULAR 6/1993 4/1996
Product Manager Billing Systems
Early pioneer of wireless voice and data services operated substantial wireless network in North America.
Expanded revenues 10% while reducing company bad debt by 50%
ACCENTURE 8/1986 4/1993
Global Consulting Firm with focus on providing business services to Tier 1 companies. (Accenture.com)
Programmed and implemented cutting-edge Global Trading System for Bank of Switzerland
Bachelor of Arts Economics University of California, Berkeley