SENIOR FINANCIAL OFFICER
Accomplished Senior Financial Officer with leadership experience in manufacturing, distribution and public accounting. Extensive background in international operations, financial reporting, strategic business planning and strategy execution, treasury functions, refinancing, financial due diligence and acquisition integration. Excellent communication and presentation capabilities.
Specialty Metals & Ceramics, Automotive & Aerospace Components, Medical Devices
ACCOUNTING, FINANCE, & TRANSACTION EXPERTISE:
* Corporate Finance
* Global Operations/Analysis
* Business Turnaround
* Staff Training & Development
* Strategic Business Planning
* Internal Controls
* Process Re-engineering
* Ethics & Compliance
* Acquisition & Divestiture
* Contract Negotiation
* Monthly Financial Reporting
* Forensic Audit & Investigation
MONOFRAX, LLC, Falconer, NY May 2017 present
Manufacturer of fused-cast refractory components used in glass manufacturing. Private equity ownership.
Contract assignment as interim CFO during client recruitment period for a permanent financial manager.
* USGAAP and IFRS financial reporting Developed comprehensive financial statement package under U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards.
* Policies & procedures Developed accounting and finance policies and procedures appropriate for a free-standing business unit.
* Standard cost review Updated manufacturing cost standards which had not been scrutinized for several years.
* Cash / Liquidity Management - Implemented procedures and controls to conserve cash, reduce cash spending requirements, and navigate through two short-term cash shortfalls. Developed appropriate cash conservation techniques and trained management in their use.
* Working capital financing - Negotiated and completed loan financing to support the Companys near-term growth and working capital requirements.
* Year end 2016 financial statement review Coordinated all aspects of the December 2016 review engagement conducted by the companys outside accounting firm.
* Tax compliance issues - Contracted outside tax advisory firm and assisted advisors in developing a strategy to mitigate undesirable tax consequences left behind by the prior owner.
* Sales tax compliance Trained key managers and accounting staff in proper sales & use tax administration.
* Organizational development defined key business criteria needed in staffing vacant Controller position. Assisted management by interviewing and vetting candidates.
IPV4 MARKET GROUP, LLC, Lewiston, NY 2015 Present
Technology services company brokering global transfers of internet addresses.
Outsourced CFO & Financial Consultant
Responsible for all accounting, treasury, cash management, risk management and planning functions. Point-of-contact interface with all banking and escrow partners. Direct operational forecasting, budgeting and long-range business planning. Direct risk management program, insurance coverage and relationships with underwriters. Review and approve client contracts. Negotiate and coordinate contract modifications as required.
* Negotiated exit agreement between business founder and former business partner. Developed business valuation, organized the buyout and exit program, drafted legal documents, and coordinated transfer of the business assets to the successor legal entity.
* Determined company profit drivers from market metrics based on global region and transaction size.
* Developed methods to sustain commission realization rate by focusing on value-added services not offered by competitors.
* Created prototype IP leasing business model. Launched and directed IP leasing division.
* Created strategies to expand and develop market presence in Eastern Europe, the Pacific Rim, and the Middle East. Personally directed closing and completion of major transactions involving clients in Poland, Bulgaria, Thailand, Indonesia, Yemen and Saudi Arabia.
* Reduced annual insurance cost by 45% by eliminating redundant coverage.
UNIFRAX, LLC, Tonawanda, NY 2005 - 2014
Global manufacturer of engineered temperature control products with 28 facilities in 14 countries and annual sales of $512 million.
Director of Financial Compliance (2010 - 2014)
Established a corporate compliance function to implement key elements of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Directed global internal audit teams.
* Conducted Sarbanes-Oxley assessments at operating locations to determine the level of SOX Section 404 compliance in areas of corporate governance, risk assessment and internal controls over financial reporting.
* Trained and directed global finance teams in adopting standardized financial reporting policies to remediate internal control gaps identified in the assessment process.
* Instituted confidential ethics hotline for all global operations. Monitored intakes and determined proper courses of action. Investigated and resolved all reported deviations from company policies and procedures.
* Coordinated all global transfer pricing compliance measurement and documentation requirements for U.S. and international tax jurisdictions involving significant intercompany sales.
UNIFRAX LLC, Tonawanda, NY (2005 - 2010)
Corporate Controller & Finance Director, Americas and Emissions Controls Business Units
Directed worldwide consolidated financial reporting. Supervised finance teams at six operating units in North and South America. Advised executive team in matters of investment analysis and long-range strategic planning. Directed all external reporting to lenders and investors. Measured compliance with covenant provisions stipulated in lender agreements.
* Directed annual financial audit process; prepared draft financial statement package including all footnote disclosures. Completed audits on time with no material audit adjustments.
* Provided transaction support to legal team negotiating the sale of the company in 2005 and 2011. Received commendation from Board of Directors and monetary award in both transactions.
* Coordinated private bond financing in 2013 and 2014. Prepared offering circular and road show presentations. Bonds financed entry into new business lines, resulting in 15% EBITDA growth.
* Designed and implemented controlled-foreign subsidiary dividend repatriation and U.S. reinvestment program under IRC Section 965. Resulted in tax savings of $1.3 million.
* Negotiated successful dismissal of $1.4 million lawsuit initiated by former distributor.
* Directed and integrated financial reporting of 10 strategic acquisitions with aggregate value of $319 million. Organized the fair value revaluation of acquired assets and consolidation of the newly acquired companies.
HARMAC MEDICAL PRODUCTS, INC., Buffalo, NY 2003 - 2005
Medical device manufacturer with facilities in New York, Mexico and Ireland and annual sales of $50 million.
Chief Financial Officer
Responsible for all treasury, finance, accounting functions, including lender and investor relations.
* Provided leadership and on-site advisory assistance in Ireland. Returned Irish facility to profitability in 2004 by working effectively with local management despite 15% reduction in revenues.
* Renegotiated terms of revolving credit facility. Additional credit provided short-term liquidity permitting payment to suppliers within negotiated timeframes. Benefits included: improved supplier relationships, better vendor pricing, reduced order lead times, improved on-time customer delivery, and faster inventory turnover.
* Administered financial incentives obtained through the Buffalo Economic Renaissance Corporation, New York State Job Development Authority, and the Erie County Industrial Development Agency.
* Applied for and obtained $100,000 training grant from NYS Department of Labor to underwrite training costs connected with 2004 ERP system implementation.
NIAGARA THERMAL PRODUCTS, LLC, Niagara Falls, NY 2001 - 2003
Manufacturer of heat transfer systems for defense, aviation and telecommunications applications with annual sales of $25 million.
Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer for highly-leveraged $25 million manufacturer of heat transfer systems for defense, aviation, and telecommunication applications.
* Developed and led crisis management program through period of technical default under lender debt agreements. Averted lender foreclosure within 60 days of joining the company.
* Implemented reality-based operating and cash forecasts. Re-established management credibility and lender support, which stabilized the company during the business turnaround and debt workout period.
* Rationalized under-performing engine cooler product line that had been contributing negligible profit. Guided management through a structured market exit, which resulted in $1.2 million annual profit increase.
* Redesigned inadequate process and job costing system. Developed ERP system tools to support work-cell kanban manufacturing techniques for highly profitable telecommunications tower heat transfer plates.
MATERION THIN FILM COATINGS GROUP, Buffalo, NY 1998 - 2001
Manufacturer of engineered microelectronic and thin-film coating materials with annual sales of $165 million.
Vice-President of Finance and Administration
Provided executive leadership of finance, treasury, accounting, information systems and human resources functions over multiple facilities in U.S., Mexico, Ireland, Singapore and Taiwan.
* Restructured accounting, finance and information systems departments; developed staff technical skills and built a high-performing team prepared for the company's long-term business growth.
* Spearheaded Continuous Improvement Program, reducing month-end reporting cycle time from 10 to 3 days. Team commended by corporate headquarters for greatest improvement in reporting time.
* Led due diligence team that resulted in strategic acquisition. Project accelerated company entrance into specialty alloys market by two years and increased operating profit by $2.0 million in first year post-acquisition.
* Secured $850,000 incentive package through the Niagara County Industrial Development Agency.
* Negotiated and secured $30.0 million working capital credit facility (31% increase). Enabled company to secure new business which increased overall operating profit 143% over two years.
NORTH AMERICAN HOGANAS, INC., Niagara Falls, NY
UNIFRAX CORPORATION, Niagara Falls, NY
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
NORTH AMERICAN HOGANAS, INC., Niagara Falls, NY
J.D. ELLIOTT & CO., PC, Buffalo, NY
DOPKINS & COMPANY LLP, Buffalo, NY
Certified Public Accountant, State of New York, License #043089 (active)
B.S. in Accounting, Canisius College, Buffalo, New York
Sarbanes-Oxley Governance Best Practices
Internal Control Assessment & Design of Controls
Forensic Auditing & Fraud Investigation
U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and U.K. Bribery Act
U.S. & International Transfer Pricing Compliance
Acquisitions and Business Combinations