FINANCIAL EXECUTIVE - MANUFACTURING
Financial executive with a solid history of providing significant contributions to cost improvement, strategic planning and alignment, management process development and implementation, problem solving and execution, and functional and operational efficiency improvement. In continually advancing financial, procurement and supply chain roles, have consistently delivered substantial savings, numerous "best practice" implementations, and efficiency improvements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
* Business Rationalization and Cost Reduction
* Financial Planning, Analysis, and Budgeting
* Strategic Cost Management
* Acquisition Analysis and Integration
* Team Building and Development
* Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations
* Corporate Accounting and Reporting
* Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Rationalization
* IT/ERP System Implementation
* Commodity Hedging and Risk Management
GERTRUDE HAWK CHOCOLATES, INC. - Dunmore, PA 2007 - Present
A $170 million, family owned, confectionary products company engaged in the manufacture and distribution of chocolate products to retail, wholesale, ice cream, baking, and contract manufacturing markets
Vice President Finance and Chief Financial Officer
Responsible for all financial affairs with accountability for performance measurement, budgeting and forecasting, FP&A, cost and operations accounting, banking, treasury, retail accounting, financial reporting and analysis, IT, purchasing, credit and collections, insurance, and 401k plan administration. Provide leadership and direction to a staff of 20 with a $9 million operating budget and procurement spend of $75 million.
* Improved net income from .5% of sales in 2007 to 9.6% of sales in 2014 and supported sales growth of 85%.
* Implemented a strategic procurement program for commodities and packaging delivering significant favorable cost savings versus market and 3-5% savings to the annual plan.
* Implemented a timely and robust financial budget planning process incorporating sales planning, production and direct labor planning, procurement plan, overhead headcount plan, capacity analysis, risk and opportunity analysis, divisional & SBU P&L, capital planning, and mid-year forecasting.
* Acquired a $7.5 million salad dressing and salsa manufacturing company based in Vermont.
* Implemented self-funded health care plan saving 15% annually and casualty insurance improvements.
* Implemented weekly scorecard to measure and manage manufacturing performance.
* Improved banking relationship and implemented savings in interest rates, systems, and services.
* Improved retail store business profitability through improved cost control & systems and consolidation.
PINNACLE FOODS CORPORATION - Mountain Lakes, NJ 2003 - 2007
A $1.8 billion, private equity, consumer products company, engaged in the manufacture and distribution of frozen dinners, baking mixes and icings, bagels, pizza, pickles, seafood, meats, and breakfast products.
Director of Finance, Fayetteville, AR
Responsible for the manufacturing and supply chain operation financial function with accountability for accounting and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, performance measurement, cost accounting, cost reduction and consolidation analysis, and Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and compliance. Accountable for a corporate staff of 9, a team of 7 plant controllers (and their staff of 33 people), and a $2.0 million operating budget.
* Led the analysis and planning to consolidate three manufacturing operations saving $17 million annually.
* Integrated two acquisitions (5 plants) into the PFC financial processes and ERP systems.
* Implemented comprehensive planning and control process incorporating an annual plan, interim forecasts, weekly plant performance scorecards, headcount reduction and control, monthly operations reviews, and profit improvement program, saving $12 million from budget annually.
RICH PRODUCTS CORPORATION - Buffalo, NY 1988 - 2002
A $1.6 billion, privately held, multinational company engaged in the manufacture and distribution of frozen bakery, topping, dessert, icing, Italian, seafood, cheese, and barbeque products
Vice President, Procurement (1999 - 2002)
Responsible for purchasing function and commodity hedging program for the $1.2 billion Domestic Food Group, representing total spending of $600 million, with a budget of $5 million, and staff of 25 people.
* Implemented strategic sourcing process, achieving annual savings of $40 million.
* Implemented new organization design and processes to sustain savings and best practices.
* Targeted and developed strategic relationships with several key suppliers, providing competitive commodity costs, significant value-adds, and commodity risk management.
Director, Supply Chain Finance (1995 - 1999)
Responsible for supply chain financial function encompassing manufacturing, procurement and distribution operations with responsibility for a staff of 12 and a $2 million operating budget. Maintained functional oversight of all plant controllers and accountability for accounting and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, business plan development and measurement, cost accounting, and cost management.
* Led team that rationalized specialty business sector saving $13 million annually.
* Performed due diligence and integration support for several acquisition targets with annual sales ranging from $10 million to $120 million.
* Effected significant improvements in activity based costing: fixed/variable cost analysis, idle capacity cost analysis, capacity utilization, software enhancements, and improved cost driver application.
* Implemented plant scorecards and performance measurement reporting.
Corporate Controller (1993 - 1995)
Responsible for corporate accounting and financial reporting, annual budgeting and forecasting, annual financial audit and report, financial planning and analysis, cost accounting, project analysis, international financial support and reporting, and accounts payable with a budget of $5 million and staff of 30.
* Reduced month-end closing by three days, year-end closing by 30 days.
* Reengineered year-end audit process reducing audit fees by 27% and report timing by 45 days.
* Developed and implemented activity based costing in manufacturing plants and warehouse facilities.
* Streamlined check disbursement using procurement card and new travel reimbursement process.
Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (1991 - 1993)
Group Controller, Division Controller (1988 - 1991)
COLSO PRODUCTS, INC. - Hilliard, OH (acquired by Rich Products Corporation, 1988) 1983 - 1988
Vice President of Finance and Controller
EAGLE-PICHER INDUSTRIES, BEARING DIVISION - Toledo, OH 1978 - 1983
Division Controller, Accounting Manager, General Accountant
Master of Business Administration, University of Dayton - Dayton, OH, 1981
Bachelor of Arts, Accounting & Business Administration, Bluffton College - Bluffton, OH, 1978
Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Institute of Certified Management Accountants, 1986
Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Institute of Supply Management, 2000