Chief Financial Officer, Family Office Investment Firm, New York, NY (2015-2017)
Responsibilities included assessing opportunities for realigning the structure and operations of a multi-billion dollar global investment firm, oversight for the finance and tax functions, and executing strategies for portfolio companies. Served as Board member and Treasurer of non-profit affiliate and Board Member and Chairman of Audit Committee of two portfolio companies. During this time functioned as primary care-giver to close family member who passed and have since taken a short career break.
1. Updated legacy accounting and reporting systems, which included periodic reporting of investments, management company budgeting, and the establishment of financial processes and procedures.
2. Oversaw valuation and audit of global private equity, art and real estate investment portfolio in excess of $1 billion with finance team of two, which resulted in over 10% increase in existing investments.
3. Led real estate financing deal involving 5 residential entities with proceeds in excess of $10M, which included implementing investment processes and complex tax structuring.
4. Directed organization of $250M+ Venture Capital Portfolio, including real time communications with key venture capitalists to identify economic and valuation impacts.
5. Instituted first IFRS-based financial statement preparation process for portfolio company outside the U.S. and advised on development of the financial function and controls.
Partner, Big 4 Accounting Firm, New York, NY (1999- 2014)
Partner Role 1 (2011-2014)
Led global initial public offering advisory, corporate sustainability, and other IFRS and new SEC regulatory services, which resulted in $2M in incremental revenues for this early-stage practice.
1. Co-led webcast with notable venture capitalists on IPO readiness attracting over 2,500 viewers, which received outstanding feedback and resulted in over 20 new client opportunities.
2. Directed development and execution of five-year business plans for two new services that resulted in over $5M in revenues in two years.
3. Led 10-person global policy development project that created 25+ financial and operational policies for financial controllers and staff worldwide.
4. Generated $1M in revenues from two Fortune 500 beauty/consumer products companies in 12 months.
Partner Role 2 (2005-2010)
Oversaw development of internal policies, processes and technology supporting SEC regulatory rules, managing team of 12, including six partner subject-matter specialists to enable revenue growth.
1. Directed executive team response to SEC Action Letter, which was approved by Board, and eased 10+ compliance rules for 140,000 employees.
2. Spearheaded first global technology-enabled policy and procedures to identify SEC violations over a year in advance of companies going public, and included oversight over system design and user testing.
3. Co-developed with other service lines over 15 global SEC compliant financial advisory services, which shortened new client acceptance process by at least two weeks.
Partner Role 3 (1999-2004)
Managed M&A due diligence projects involving complex deal structures to identify valuation impacts.
1. Directed over 20 M&A due diligence projects for strategic and private equity buyers resulting in excess of $20M of purchase price adjustments.
2. Analyzed revenues and costs for divestiture of carved-out business of global pharmaceutical firm and identified items that saved $25M in bank financing.
3. Expedited access to financing alternatives by 20% for a private equity buyer through streamlined due diligence reporting and communication to banks.
Senior Manager/Manager/Audit Staff (1985-1999)
Served Fortune 500 audit and key private equity clients including American Express, McGraw Hill, Warburg Pincus, and Rosecliff Partners with a focus on control and operational improvements.
Project Administrator, Real Estate Developer (1983-1985)
Oversaw and designed administrative processes related to the Annex building developed and constructed adjacent to the CBS headquarters in New York City to support efficiency and cost control.
Stern School of Business, New York University, New York, NY, M.B.A., Finance & Accounting (1988)
University of Southern California, Los Angles, CA, B.A., History & Piano Performance (1982)
COMMUNITY AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
Financial knowledge is combined with a deep interest and understanding in balancing organizations through a bridge building vision of cultural endeavors.
Advisory Director, Major Cultural Institution, New York, NY (2013-current)
1. Serve as Advisory Director to renowned cultural institution based on solicitation of $1M+ in new sponsors and funding opportunities.