Cell (773) 484-8697
" Strategic business advisor
" Cross functional and multiple site
" Managed global teams 10 - 150
" Board presentations
" Contract Negotiations
" Business Planning & Analysis
" Building and scaling organizations
" EVA and Performance Metrics
" Process and System implementation
" Growth Strategy Development
" Financial Services
" Technology - SaaS
BELIMED INC, Charleston CFO 2016 - Present
A global supplier of innovative cleaning, disinfection and sterilization solutions for pharmaceutical manufacturers, hospitals and healthcare systems. Combined revenue of $75 million.
Actively drove business growth strategy. Full financial responsibility including contracts, terms and conditions and compliance. Led the accounting, IT, HR, sales administration and operational excellence functions.
* Drove favorable operating earnings for the first time in the US and doubled earnings growth in 2018.
* Developed high performance finance team to drive disciplined growth and strengthen controls through implementation of internal control system.
* Implemented Operational excellence Six Sigma model along with financial benchmarks and metrics that enabled growth, improved forecast accuracy and business predictability in a highly volatile capital cycle.
* Converted manual capital quotes to quoting within SAP reducing double entry and the time to process an order.
* Construct investment cases for external product integrations that added a recurring revenue stream of $5 million.
BLACKBAUD, Charleston Director Product Finance 2014 - 2016
A provider of software and services that support the worldwide philanthropic community.
Institute a product and investment finance function inclusive of processes and materials that promote visibility, alignment, accountability and optimization throughout all products and solutions.
* Led the creation of a product profitability model through the use of activity-based costing that resulted in product level P&L reporting and metrics.
* Established financial benchmarks and strategic targets for the company s portfolio of SaaS and licensed products, taking into account product life cycle, TAM, and markets served, reducing product offerings from over 57 to 30 core products.
* Construct investment cases for external product integrations and opportunities that ensure the alignment of business decisions against financial goals and targets.
J THREE CONSULTING, National Chief Financial Officer/Controller 2006 Present
Provide consulting and CFO services including evaluating financial performance and providing a road map for financial strength to companies ranging from entrepreneurial to middle market.
* Plan and implement growth strategy focused on long term profitability and inclusive of IPO and Acquisitions
* Formulate a financial strategy covering risk management, the development of an effective capital structure and banking.
* Streamline accounting function with improved accuracy, implementation of policies and procedures, reducing close cycle.
Consulting Solutions International: Interim CFO and Strategic business advisor providing clear vision for improving financial performance, business expansion and risk management. Annual revenue of $125 million.
o Manage and advance the accounting, HR, IT and contract compliance teams.
o Responsible for all aspects of payroll and benefits.
o Implement KPIs consistent with Strategic Plan for all functional areas including Sales and Recruiting.
o Provide advanced analytics, investment evaluations resulting in sustainable cash and working capital improvements to 3:1.
Mainline Information Systems: Strategic consultant responsible for operational and financial controls including materials management and strategic support to senior management.
o Established procurement strategy resulting in 7-day reduction to onboarding, $500k of cost savings and risk mitigation.
o Built a vendor management tool with approval matrix along with establishing key performance indicators.
First Commerce Credit Union: Interim CFO providing leadership and oversight for item processing, IT, and accounting functions. Scope included ALM, financial reporting, strategic planning, budgeting, insurance, contract analysis and negotiations; and pricing and liquidity strategies. Over $2 billion of assets.
o Established and implemented a comprehensive investment strategy for portfolio of $50 m.
o Amended ALLL policy to adhere to FAS 5, FAS 114, and the TDR accounting rules and regulations per NCUA.
o System Implementations included Prologue, Profit Stars and Interactive Teller Capture.
Manifest Solutions: Interim CFO responsible for building a financial function including the development of best practices in all areas of accounting, IT and HR. Annual revenue of $60 million.
o Structured post-merger financials and accounting integration.
o Responsible for month end close including developing financial statement and key metric reporting.
o Responsible for bank financing and creating a financial dashboard for potential capital. Maintained all reporting for banking and credit lines.
Star Farm Productions: Led and established financial budgeting, analysis, modeling processes and analytical tools for this entrepreneurial start up. Annual revenue of $100 million.
o Established product specific budget; to track performance against cost constraints by Media and property.
o Developed and implemented a 5-year strategic plan with annual operating budgets.
o Modeled cash flow projections and performed due diligence activities for potential investors.
ALLIANT CREDIT UNION, Illinois CFO/Senior Vice President Finance 2003 2006
A not-for-profit cooperative financial institution, Alliant is the 7th largest credit union with over $6 billion in assets.
Actively drove the finance strategy, 3-year strategic plan and realignment of the accounting and finance functions. Full financial management responsibility including pricing, dividend setting, product and distribution channel economics analysis.
* Achieved 22% cost reductions through implementation of cost center accounting, budgeting, and forecasting.
* Improved accounting practices, established accrual accounting, ALLL methodology, and instituted financial controls.
* Managed Internal Audit, Investments, HR, IT, Call Center, Facilities and Administration.
* Established analytical discipline for spending and investment actions, including profitability and financial modeling.
* Key liaison with Board of directors, ALCO, trade associations, regulatory authorities, external auditors, insurance providers, vendors and other financial institutions.
COMPUTER SCIENCE CORPORATION, Illinois Regional Director, Finance 1998 2003
A $17 billion global provider of technology enabled business solutions and services.
Direct the Financial, IT and HR functions for 9 IT Outsourcing Engagements valued at over $1 billion in revenue.
* Led successful contract negotiations including $16 million-dollar contract with margin over 28%
* Negotiated a 4-year, $750 million volume purchasing agreement with HP that encompassed a lease portfolio settlement.
* Streamlined finance organization, including standardized financial reporting models and tools, reducing costs by $393K
* Directed monthly close including project profitability, resource utilization, customer invoicing, financial reporting.
* Performed audit of financials resulting in cost reduction and containment plans with resolution of accounting irregularities.
* Assisted with the design and implementation of SAP to consolidate eight independent general ledgers into one.
BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC., Illinois 1989 1997
A $12 billion global healthcare company with expertise in medical devises biotechnology and pharmaceuticals.
Group Plant Controller; Treasury Puerto Rico; International Audit; Hospitex analyst
Master of Management, NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY, J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management
Bachelor of Science, Finance, UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO, Boulder, Colorado
Board Co-Chair GOTR Big Bend
Finance Committee Get Outdoors Florida
Treasurer Tally Ties
Chair of Parent Organization ROOTS at RPMS
Secretary Edgewater North Neighbors
Board of Directors Edgewater Development Corporation and Community Council