ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT, CHANGE MANAGEMENT LEADER
Motivational Global Strategy and Implementation Leader: Strong history of successful creation and execution of business strategies and priorities by leading diverse teams of internal, dealer, consultant and supplier stakeholders.
Organizational Development and Change Facilitation Master: Experienced program management of business transformations utilizing varying change management methodologies and organizational development tools to provide sustainable change through learning, communication and reinforcement.
Service Solutions and Customer Experience Leader: Recognized as an inclusive leader who empowers employees to build robust customer connections through addressing emotional and logical expectations leading to continuous improvement projects. Led Caterpillar's 10 year service strategy development of meeting customer future needs.
Master Six Sigma Black Belt ~ Change Facilitation Master ~ Certified Change Master ~ Co-Active Executive Coach ~ Mentor ~ Facilitator ~ Instructor ~ Quality Improvement ~ Six Sigma ~ Caterpillar Production Systems (Lean) ~ Customer Experience ~ Services Marketing / Offering Development ~ Strategy, Policy, Process Development ~ Sales Effectiveness ~ CRM Governance
HASTINGS DEERING | CAT DEALERSHIP- Queensland, Australia 2014 - Present
Services Marketing and Solutions Manager - Service/Customer Experience, Marketing and Solutions, 2014 - Present
Recruited to increase Parts & Service market share for Hastings Deering across industries for HDAL Australia, Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia.
* Provide internal consulting to foster a customer-centric service excellence culture bringing meaningful solutions to the customer through unified sales and service offerings to achieve Parts & Service market share growth resulting in doubling customer net loyalty placing Hastings Deering into the top quartile of dealers within APD.
* Develop and maintain the component rebuild options framework. Developed the component repair solutions strategy resulting in significant growth of market share. Included the development of an integrated change management and sales effectiveness plan comprising of the assessment of individual competencies and identification of necessary organizational and job specific competencies. Result: Increased win ratio by 120%.
* Embed customer experience into solutions. Partner with consultants and suppliers to gain customer and competitor insight through industry specific market research, opportunity analysis, ongoing customer survey administration, customer journey mapping and mystery shopper activities for enhanced delivery of services and solutions. Changes resulted in customer loyalty growing over 125% within a 24 month period.
* Collaborate with Microsoft AX and Sime Darby BTP consultants to ensure successful deployment of the sales and marketing modules of the ERP system migrating from Saleslink. As designated CRM business owner responsibilities include defining functional needs, data migration testing, establishment of change plan, identification of end to end New Product (NPI), Rental and Used, and Parts and Service work stream training requirements, refresh of processes to support new system and governance. Passed readiness testing, on schedule for deployment.
* Manage the delivery and interpretation of the sector strategy of Caterpillar's Seed, Grow, Harvest Model and supporting initiatives (Caterpillar's "Across the Table" Beyond 2020 Strategy) to deliver sustainable growth. Improved service culture with Hastings to achieve Bronze level status by Caterpillar, Inc.
- Facilitation of the Service Excellence Attributes (Cultural) Assessment and action planning quarterly sessions
- Program management to fill identified gaps and achieve results
CATERPILLAR, INC. - Peoria, IL 1999 - 2014
Strategy Manager, Caterpillar Marketing and Customer Services Division (CSSD / MPSD), 2012 - 2014
Led global Black Belt team focused on high-level projects spanning multiple Caterpillar divisions (product, industry, and systems support groups) including consultation to CAT Dealers. Identified, prioritized, and oversaw complex process improvement initiatives with the challenging goal of standardizing service operations across Caterpillar's 180+ worldwide dealers.
* Program Manager for Service Excellence (Meeting Customer Future Service Needs) portion of "Across the Table," a 10-year strategy development initiative across global customer segments, dedicated to defining "what will make a dealer great past Year 2020."
* Member of executive team which defined project vision, overall strategy, and established priorities for tool and process creation that will accurately forecast and replicate dealer service operation success.
* Collaborated with external consultants to launch in-depth voice of customer surveys on service expectations; established benchmarking, data analysis, and individual work streams.
* Forged business partnerships and strategic alliances between global dealers to establish a community leveraged on best practices sharing, education / learning, and replication of service processes.
Six Sigma Master Black Belt Caterpillar Marketing and Customer Services Division (CSSD / MPSD), 2011 - 2012
Delivered Six Sigma Black Belt instruction and coaching across the Caterpillar Enterprise (dealers, suppliers, business affiliates, and community agencies) with emphasis on Six Sigma (DMEDI and DMAIC), Caterpillar Production Systems (CPS - Lean), change management and project management - to achieve improvements in safety, productivity and quality.
* Supported executive leadership in strategic development, execution and governance of key initiatives to grow and defend parts sales by leading end to end customer value stream transformation projects and improvement workshops.
* Coached +20 marketing and distribution services Black Belts. Coaching focused on services marketing, customer value stream mapping (touchpoints), statistical analysis, change management and market/industry research and analysis.
Caterpillar Safety Services Manager, Caterpillar Marketing and Customer Services Division (CSSD / MPSD), 2008 - 2011
Developed the Safety Service strategy to reverse losses and generate multi-million dollar revenues in 5 years. Strategy was focused on increasing product market share and customer loyalty by strengthening trusted partnerships between Caterpillar and its customers through value-added consulting solutions and educational awareness offerings.
* Conducted market/research, customer behavioral, and business analysis to develop a viable and scalable business model to sustain a new innovative safety solution for customers.
* Identified potential acquisition targets by collaborating with the Business Strategic Consultant and Merger and Acquisition Team to acquire and integrate Core Media, along with its employees and intellectual property, into Caterpillar. 100% of acquired company employees were retained past the initial 2 years exceeding retention goal.
* Grew SAFETY.CAT.COM" from 8,000 unique monthly visitors to +30,000 unique monthly visitors through web optimization, social media and marketing campaigns, and value-added content expansion of the website.
* Expanded educational offerings and negotiated with outside partners to fill gaps in service offerings.
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt / Certified ChangeMaster, CSSD / MPSD, 2006 - 2009
Trained and led project teams to improve and create critical business processes which drive financial results utilizing Six Sigma and Change Management methodologies and tools.
* Recipient of Pioneer Award in Change Management. Recognized for instrumental role in building a sustainable foundation for applying change management principles across the Caterpillar organization including the embedding of the principles within 6 Sigma which was later replicated to CPS.
* Created a Strengths-Based Culture committed to continuous improvement. Worked closely with the Gallup Organization to institute StrengthsFinders into the culture. These efforts were awarded a Quality Improvement Acknowledgement at the enterprise level as part of the Caterpillar Annual Quality Award.
* Developed strategy and launched a Mentoring Program for employees entering the Division, with four components: Leadership, Culture, Career Development, and Subject Matter Expertise. This program was replicated across the ChangeMasters community and Young Professionals Affinity Group in Caterpillar Inc.
Business Services Manager II - Parts Service Information Development (PSID), CSSD / MPSD Division, 2005 - 2006
Supervisor, Parts Information Development (PID), CSSD / MPSD Division, 2003 - 2005
Managed and developed a leadership team of Six Sigma Black Belts and Business Services Support Analysts in the development of technical information publications for all Caterpillar products.
* Negotiated internal purchase service agreements with product groups for the development of parts and technical literature averaging $40 million per year.
* Successfully developed and implemented business strategies for PSID, encoding Six Sigma and Lean methodologies into business processes to increase engagement and improve efficiency, supporting global initiatives. Achieved 83% engagement of PSID Business Services personnel, versus average engagement of 77%.
* Developed and implemented Best Practices and consistent processes for parts manual development. Increased resource utilization rate from ~40% to +75%.
Environmental Engineer - Team Lead, Caterpillar Logistics Services, Inc., Morton, IL, 1999 - 2003
Provided global client and CAT Dealer consulting on hazardous material storage, handling and transporting practices. Clients included Case New Holland, Bombardier, Mazda, Sprint, Mercedes, Ford and Motor Coach Industries. Negotiated hazardous material transportation agreements (land, sea, air). Provided consultation and expertise for 50+ client startups and 100+ Caterpillar, CAT Dealer, client, and cross-dock / packaging existing facilities. ISO 14,000 auditor and consultant.
Operations Supervisor / Design Analyst, Roseville, MN and Morton, IL, 1999
Supervised 18 unionized warehouse associates during 2nd and 3rd shift operations while pursuing ISO 9001 certification.
Instructor/Facilitator, Occupational Health and Safety Master's Program, Eastern Kentucky University, 2012 - 2014
Instructed and mentored students receiving their Master of Occupational Health and Safety; taught courses in safety, compliance and auditing; behavioral-based safety; and safety management programs.
Adjunct Six Sigma Instructor, Outreach Industrial Technology Program, Southern Illinois University, 2008 - Present
Developed curriculum and delivered Lean and Six Sigma instruction to students enrolled in Green Belt and Black Belt courses. Methodologies covered include Design for Six Sigma, Lean, Change Management and Project Management. Recognized by Dean of Outreach Industrial Technology for high level quality of training based on student course evaluations.
Divisional Diversity and Inclusion Facilitator for Caterpillar CSSD/MPSD, 2006 - 2010
Led committee to create a diverse and inclusive culture through processes, systems, people, and governance. Partnered with the Kaleidoscope Group to develop and facilitate learning activities.
Presented at numerous industry and professional association events on leveraging Six Sigma to develop a safety culture, managing generational differences, environmental health and safety management systems, and engaging employees in safety culture. Published an article on generational learning in Scrap Magazine.
Recognized as a notable mention in Caterpillar: Across the Table, published and distributed to Caterpillar dealers worldwide, February 2014.
Coach and Mentor, Leadership and Career Development, Customer Services Support (CSS), Caterpillar Inc.
Coach and Mentor, Young Professional Affinity Group, Caterpillar Inc.
Post Master's Graduate Certificate, Occupational Health and Safety, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY, 2011
Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Illinois, Springfield, IL, 2003
Bachelor of Science, cum laude, Department Scholar, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL, 1999
Dual Major: Manufacturing Engineering & Technology / Communication Sciences & Disorders
Minors: Management & Psychology; President, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Western Illinois University Chapter
CERTIFICATIONS | PROFESSIONAL TRAINING | AFFILIATIONS
Master Black Belt / Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Caterpillar, Inc., Design for Six Sigma (DMEDI & DMAIC), 2008
Change Facilitation Master / Certified Change Master, LaMarsh & Associates, Caterpillar Global Change Management, 2006
Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMftgT), Society of Manufacturing Engineers, since 1998
Co-activeŽ Coach, Coaches Training Institute, accredited by International Coaching Federation (ICF), 2008
Completed the Gallup Organization Great Managers Program, Hay Group Making Great Leaders program, The Pacific Institute Investment in Excellence program, Harvard MentorManager and Dale Carnegie Leadership and Mastery Thinking for Leaders.