SENIOR SALES MANAGEMENT
Senior executive and business leader with a proven record of delivering revenue and improving profits in highly competitive markets. An exceptional communicator and negotiator, with a consultative sales style, a keen aptitude for assessing client needs and excellent problem solving skills. Ability to identify opportunities and provide tactical and strategic business solutions. MBA
• Team Building & Execution
• P&L Responsibility
• Strategic & Tactical Planning
• Product Development & Pricing
• Start-ups & Turnarounds
• Sales Process Improvement
· Formed a new sales division for an $80M/yr service provider that generated new contracts worth an additional $72M/yr within first 9 months of employment.
· Established a manufacturers’ representative & consulting company that generated $20M in annual sales over the first 3 years.
· Top salesman (out of 72) for telecom carrier for all 3 years of employment. Sold and managed 70% of the division’s annual revenue, which represented 20% of the entire company revenue.
· Created a new business unit for $85M/Yr high-tech manufacturer that generated 5% of corporate revenues in year 1 with year 2 run rate at 10%. Responsible for business planning, P&L, sales, operations, and IT.
Teton Enterprises, Inc., Colleyville, Texas 1997-Present
Consulting and manufacturers’ representative company focusing on the telecom, consulting and high-tech industries. Partial list of Projects/Consulting Assignments & Results:
·Closed $20M in annual revenue spread across 6 national/international carrier vendors for the first three years of operation.
·Acting VP Sales for Clearview Management Consultants, a business consulting, IT outsourcing and managed services company.
- Closed several consulting contracts including ERP, Data Center Relocations and Business Assessments totaling ~$1M in fees.
- Developed a Wholesale/Resale Managed Services product, including agreements, forms and process flow and staffing plan.
- Built a sales pipeline and proposal process to provide quicker turnaround in proposal production.
·Principal Sales Channel and Consultant for VoIP vendor, HR Partners.
- Grew revenue from zero to $18M/yr in 2 years with industry relationships.
- Developed order processing, support and provisioning processes to increase efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
·Leading Sales Channel for PrimeTec International (VarTec subsidiary) working beside in-house sales force selling domestic and international network services.
- Top sales agent controlling 40% of the company’s revenue when finally sold in 2000.
·Consultant and Lead Sales Channel for Nortel International, a start-up VoIP International Termination vendor.
- Closed $5M in initial 12 months of service.
- Produced sales and marketing plan along with a product rollout campaign.
- Built process engineering methodology and trained their customer support organization.
·Acting Area VP Sales for Skyward Consulting, a nationwide sales/consulting organization representing various B2B software and hardware vendors.
- Managed entire Texas and Southwest US region.
·M&A Consulting Project for DTI (Dynamic Telecom International) in Florida.
- Assembled a team of consultants under the Teton umbrella to work the project.
- Performed due diligence activities, wrote recommendation and presented findings and recommendations to senior management regarding potential acquisition target.
·Consultant and Lead Sales Channel for start-up telecom vendor, World Wide Gateway.
- Established the entire wholesale sales support organization.
- Created and implemented order flow and fulfillment processes for operations, pricing and margin analysis for finance and contract negotiations with prospects.
- Closed over $8M in 1st year revenue for vendor.
·Consulting engagement for XO Communications to develop a network-procurement program.
- Designed and implemented a vendor evaluation and network procurement process.
- Coordinated and oversaw trade-show meetings and presentations from vendors.
- Increased XO purchasing organization visibility and accessibility within the industry through marketing, vendor negotiations and trade-show efforts.
Vice President of Sales
Total World Telecommunications, Inc., Houston, Texas 1996-1997
Created and managed a new sales division. Results:
·Division generated contracts worth $6M/mo ($72M/yr) within 9 months.
·10-15% reduction in costs to Company on its network costs by scheduling and mediating meetings between Company and vendors.
Director, Carrier Sales
US Long Distance, Inc., (Now Qwest), San Antonio, Texas 1993-1996
Sold wholesale telecom services. Results:
·Top salesman (out of 70+) for all 3 years.
·Negotiated and closed a minimum of 1 carrier contract per month for 33 of 36 months of tenure.
·Personal contributions amounted to 70% of division revenues and 20% of overall company revenues.
Director, Sales & Marketing
Affiliated Computer Services, Inc., Dallas, Texas 1991-1992
Sold Outsourcing and Managed Services. Results:
·# 2 producer (out of 12) in first year.
·Won “Hustle” award for outstanding performance.
General Manager / Director
Inter-Tel Net Solutions, Inc., (Subsidiary of Inter-Tel, Inc.) Phoenix, Arizona 1990-1991
Started up a new retail B2B sales organization. Results:
·Generated 5% of Company revenues in year 1 with break-even in month 13 and generated 10% of Company revenues in year 2. The most successful start-up in Company’s history.
·Directed the hiring and training process for new sales and marketing personnel, establishing overall division closing ratio at 48%.
MBA (Business), University of North Dakota
BSBA (Economics, Statistics & Records Management), University of North Dakota
ACTIVITIES / HONORS
1995 Professional Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. Gave acceptance speech on behalf of father for his induction, plus spoke at various events before and after the ceremony.
National Football League Alumni – Dallas Chapter. Member since 1982 (Board of Directors from 1983-1999). Football-associated charity coordinating various events, such as tournaments and luncheons, to benefit local children’s charities in Texas.
Key words: President, General Manager, GM, Vice President Sales, VP Sales, Regional Vice President, Regional VP, Area Vice President, Area VP, Director of Sales, Channel Sales, Wholesale, Retail, Commercial Distribution. International Experience, Business Development, Director of Sales, Practice Manager, Regional Director, Consultant, M&A