INTERNATIONAL BRAND MANAGER, CLASSICALLY TRAINED WITH BROAD MARKETING MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE AND PROVEN SUCCESS FOR GROWING BUSINESSES AND TOP GLOBAL BRANDS.
KRAFT FOODS N.A., Glenview, Illinois
2005 - Present
Global Consumer Food Company
Brand Director, Kraft Mayonnaise, & Specialty Sauces
Responsible for brand's P&L (+US$305m in sales), holistic brand strategy, product development, advertising development, and marketing execution on one of the largest and most profitable brands in the division.
* Significantly exceeding all quantitative targets YTD: volume +5.9%, share +1.1 pts., and revenues up +7.1% despite category decline and significant increase in variable product cost.
* Led the recent launch of the new "Big Mouth" package extending it across the range increasing base business sales +25% YTD for 32oz sku's.
* Led the creation of Kraft Mayo's brand equity and positioning and further developed base business advertising assuring increased awareness and persuasion levels in Arbor Tracking.
* Directed the development of new graphics for Kraft Mayo and Specialty Sauces. Delivered unanimous qualitative results resulting in lead design for North American "Kraft Brand" Initiative.
* Directing the development and execution of Kraft Mayo's Hispanic programming initiative with a projected sales increase of 120% in test market.
* Training and developing two subordinates.
UNILEVER, London, United Kingdom
2000 - 2004
Global Consumer Products Company
Brand Manager, Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Marmite, & Pot Noodle, (2001 – 2004)
Marketing Communications Manager, Unilever Bestfoods UK, (2000 – 2004)
Responsible for (aggregate +US$190m in sales), holistic brand strategy, product development, advertising development, and marketing execution.
* Grew aggregate market share +10% and sales +16% for fiscal years 01-03.
* Completed comprehensive category and brand assessments utilizing market research including ACNielsen, and Millward Brown. Identified new consumer insights and successfully implemented improved brand positioning strategies and long-term business plans.
* Managed cross-functional teams in the development of new package designs, product line extensions, business planning, forecasting, marketing execution, post event analysis, and advertising/promotional development including external agency management.
* Created new advertising campaigns, which modernized each brand's image and simultaneously increased consumer loyalty and penetration.
* Member of Unilever's CCM Team Europe and Trading Committee influencing the development of Unilever's global communication strategy and guidelines.
* Twice won Unilever's prestigious advanced brand communication and channel planning awards.
* Managed a three-member marketing team accountable for US$75m annual media expenditure.
Associate Brand Manager, Local Jewels - Marmite & Pot Noodle , (2000 – 2001)
Responsible for brand's consumer promotion activity, volume, margin, and spending analysis to maximize results. Contributed to a 13% increase in cumulative brand profits.
* Managed cross-functional teams, assisting brand manager in advertising/promotional development, media planning, and new package design. Won "Campaign Magazine" Outdoor Creative award for the year.
* Developed customer specific marketing programs that aligned with brand strategy and managed execution of plans to retail.
MANAGEMENT ONE, Cincinnati, Ohio
1996 – 2000
Account Group Manager (1997 – 2000)
Promoted to Account Group Manager in charge of US$60m client accounts. Responsible for all business planning, acquiring new clients, and developing and implementing client marketing solutions. Delivered record growth in fiscal years 97- 99 with revenues up +230%.
* Hired, managed, and developed a team of three account executives.
* Grew company to 25 clients and guided it through a leveraged buyout by the majority shareholder.
Account Executive (1996 – 1997)
Responsible for key account management and developing and implementing client marketing solutions, including advertising development and key trade/marketing promotional programs.
* Won International Home Foods business and created marketing solutions including the "Bumble Bee Tuna," "Big Tuna" promotion and "Crunch N Munch" NFL "Monday Night Football" campaign and officially licensed packaging.
ITT INDUSTRIES INC., Florence, Kentucky (1994 – 1996)
U.S. Fortune 500 Manufacturing Conglomerate
Assistant Brand Manager, "KONI" Shock Absorbers
Recruited to join my client from IMG, promoted to Assistant Brand Manager for "Koni" Shock Absorbers. Total turnover US$100m.
* Assisted in the development of a new positioning strategy. Utilized print, outdoor, sponsorship, PR, trade programs, and direct mail to achieve sales for financial year 95-96 up + 21%.
* Managed a cross functional team in the development of product line extensions including R&D, business planning, and advertising/promotional development. Resulted in a 25% volume increase.
* Worked closely with sales team to activate a targeted trade-marketing program communicating technology and motorsports partnerships to engage and motivate key retailers. Grew sales 20% and added two new national accounts.
INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT GROUP - IMG, Cleveland, Ohio
1992 - 1994
World's Largest Sports & Entertainment Management Company
Recruited as Account Executive in Client Services Group through collegiate internship.
* Co-developed a US$15m marketing partnership using "Target Retail Stores" vendor portfolio to build the motorsports program and ultimately increase our own client base.
* Promoted to Tournament Manager of Nike Cleveland Open golf event.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTIONS
BBA, UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI, 1993
EXECUTIVE FORUM, (MBA Level Co-operative Business Study), UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI, 1993
Leadership Training for Managers, DALE CARNEGIE COURSE 1994
Managing People Effectively, CRANFIELD SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT 2003
COMPANY LEADER & FACILITATOR:
Advanced Brand Communication, UNILEVER MARKETING ACADEMY, 2001
Communication Channel Planning, UNILEVER MARKETING ACADEMY, 2001
Consumer Insight Activator, UNILEVER MARKETING ACADEMY, 2001
AMA, American Marketing Association
MCIM, Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK
The Marketing Society, UK