SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
* STRATEGIC PLANNING
* OPERATIONS ANALYSIS
* BUSINESS ANALYSIS
* PROJECT MANAGEMENT
* Developed, implemented, and managed budgets from $30 million to $127 million for Marketing, Engineering, Services, and Sales organizations in Fortune 200 and start-up companies.
* Managed the financial operations for a strategic business unit acquisition that increased revenue by 92%, gross margin increased by 126%, and the contribution margin increased by 187%.
* Lead cross-functional team in the development and implementation of service support program generating $45 million in revenue; more than 100% increase over previous year.
* Proven ability to analyze operations and growth opportunities, and then introduce strategic and tactical solutions that improve competitive performance and efficiencies while reducing co
* MBA and BS in Accounting.
SUN MICROSYSTEMS, INC. (PRO-UNLIMITED)
SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA
12/2001 - Present
Project Manager - Market Development
* Maximized tax savings in excess of $600,000 by leading a mission-critical initiative through to completion in a timely manner.
* Strengthened relationships with ISV partners by identifying solutions to address their technical, marketing, and support requirements.
* Collaborated with stakeholders in marketing, finance, and legal on business process improvements to enhance our relationship with ISV partners.
* Improved utilization of loaner inventory by more than 30%, and introduced process improvements for inventory planning and logistics.
SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA
10/2000 - 11/2001
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
* Developed and implemented of $127 million annual plan for software start-up company; increased revenue by 166% in second year, and improved contribution margin by 29%.
* Developed GAAP financial models used in due diligence IPO meetings with investment banking community, securing $20 million in strategic funding.
* Provided financial information and analysis used in quarterly earnings communications, including press releases, conference call scripts and Q&A and analyst information tables; gathered and analyzed competitive information.
* Structured planning process for company that included target dates for submittals, reviews, approvals and input into financial systems. Provided strategic and financial guidance to executive management.
SUN MICROSYSTEMS, INC.
MENLO PARK, CALIFORNIA
10/1986 - 10/2000
Business Planning Manager, Market Development
02/1998 - 10/2000
* Collaborated with and influenced diverse cross-functional teams to develop strategic business plans and programs for developer community that achieved $45 million in revenues; created market-based pricing models that increased developer support of program adoption.
* Reviewed all design plans and developed budget requirements that identified resources and funding options including headcount, program dollars, COGS, product forecast, sales forecast and ROI for adoption plans.
* Developed ISO processes and cost management tools for support programs to maximize cost objectives, saving thousands of dollars.
* Employed strong company knowledge to pinpoint key issues regarding support requirements from product group perspective. Fostered relationships with department managers during integration of new acquisitions.
Operations Controller/FP&A Manager, Security Software
06/1996 - 02/1998
* Delivered viable product to market place that increased company market share in Internet Security tools by 7%. Revenue increased by 92%, gross margin increased by 126%, and contribution margin increased by 187%.
* Actively participated in formulating marketing & sales strategies. Monitored sales pipeline and expenditures to ensure group met spending and contribution margin targets.
* Lead the successful integration of business unit within Software division; fostered relationships with department heads in the division.
* Designed and implemented inventory management process that reduced inventory costs by 30%; created processes that improved tracking of inventory.
* Developed and deployed sales analysis process that assigned probabilities to orders that provided management and sales with strong monthly estimates as well as accurate weekly status of sales goals.
Division FP&A Manager, Marketing
01/1994 - 06/1996
* Worked closely with area managers to successfully administer $37 million budget for major product launch team, meeting spending target and delivery timetable through accurate estimates and adjustments.
* Directed operational audit that highlighted the usage of efficient financial management processes.
* Received multiple Marketing Finance Awards for outstanding contribution, teamwork and effort in supporting Field MarCom, Public Relations, Financial Services and Headquarter Advertising initiatives as well as contributing to Marketing Finance Mid-Range Plan while continuing to provide support to Market Development.
* Developed new model and prepared ROI analysis for multi-million dollar ISV deals that enabled group to accurately quantify anticipated return from deals.
* Resolved logistical issues surrounding hardware and software support of World Cup 1994 event, providing critical details and summary needed for presentation to executive management.
Division FP&A Manager, Server Products
11/1991 - 01/1994
* Functioned as key member of various project teams charged with resolving finance issues and balancing project funds as well as discussing product positioning, alpha-beta testing and manufacturing issues.
* Provided financial support that facilitated closing of two multi-million dollar CAD software acquisitions.
* Identified and resolved usage tax liability issue surrounding unused and returned inventory that resulted in savings in excess of $1 million.
* Jointly developed and successfully implemented resource tracking process that significantly improved company's ability to track resources of current projects.
Financial Analyst, Manufacturing
10/1986 - 11/1991
* Identified proactive monitoring method to review work orders and eliminate potential problems early in the cycle, reducing work order variances by $200,000 per month.
* Received "Quality of Work Life Award" for co-design and implementation of on-line resource planning tool for Operations.
UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO
San Francisco, California
MBA; Management and International Business
SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY
San Jose, California
Bachelor of Science in Accounting