From RiteSite's Senior Executive Talent Bank ...
Executive VP, COO, Pres or CEO
Background and acheivements of this Executive are shown. Contact information is confidential. To reach this person, use the link from Executive talent bank at the conclusion of the resume. Click HERE for more information, jobs, and resumes
Executive VP, COO, Pres or CEO
Willing to Relocate
$150,000 to $300,000
Successful senior executive with over 20 years experience in general management, marketing, product management and business planning. Organizations include large companies, small companies, startups, rapidly expanding, rapidly declining, large staffs, small staffs and everything in between.
Resume Body EXECUTIVE VP, COO, PRES OR CEO
Customer focused business executive with extensive demonstrated success in entrepreneurial environments including the computer SW and HW, telecommunications, and conferencing industries. Particular expertise in:
• Developing and growing a business
• Business and strategic planning
• Customer relations
• Leading and motivating employees
• P& L Management
• Creating technology and selling partnerships
• Establishing distribution channels
• Identifying market and product requirements
• Managing technical and cross functional teams
• Positioning & launching new products and services
• Developing innovative marketing programs
• Maximizing sales force effectiveness
Polycom Inc, Andover, MA 2001-2004
Polycom is a developer and producer of audio, data, and video communication solutions. The company generates about $500M from the sale of audio conferencing speakerphones, HW and SW videoconferencing systems, data sharing SW, infrastructure HW and SW management tools. Polycom acquired PictureTel in 2001.
Vice President, Product Management
As the only former PictureTel senior executive retained after the acquisition by Polycom, was tasked with the management and marketing of the PictureTel product line and its integration into the Polycom solution.
18 months later, was given the management of the entire Polycom portfolio of videoconferencing endpoints. Lead small teams in both Andover MA and Austin TX.
• In the last 18 months, executed a new product marketing strategy by retiring 7 products and launching 5 new products that lead the industry in every category – performance, market share and revenue.
• Managed P&L for videoconferencing line of business resulting in increased profits of 5%.
• Reformulated product strategy to lower development costs while improving price / performance.
• Developed transition plan to move customers from older line of products to next generation solutions.
• Cultivated extensive network with industry analysts to maximize exposure of Polycom advantages.
• Executed new service provider distribution channel strategy to establish a new market segment.
• Served as company spokesperson for products in the press and at numerous speaking engagements.
PictureTel Corporation, Andover, MA 1991-2001
PictureTel was the leading developer of videoconferencing solutions in the ‘90s. At $600M in revenues at its peak, it invented much of the technology that is used for today’s real time IP communications.
Executive Vice President, Marketing, 2000-2001
Solely charged with rebuilding the marketing strategy and worldwide organization (150 person staff in 20 countries) as had been done the previous year with engineering.
• With significant restructuring required to return PictureTel to profitability, decision was made to sell the company. Assisted the President and investment bankers in the due diligence and deal structuring during the sale of the company.
• Successfully launched the new iPower line of products, which raised the performance bar for the industry and swept every product award in 2000 and 2001.
• Developed a PR strategy that resulted in an increase in coverage of 600%.
• Restructured the marketing and product groups to lower costs by 30% during the economic downturn.
• Revamped the aging corporate web site to enable customers to quickly and easily find information.
• Introduced new sales support systems and distribution strategy to increase sales effectiveness and improve forecasting.
Vice President, Engineering, 1999-2000
Appointed by CEO and Chairman to lead the development team of 400 engineers
• Rebuilt and reenergized a division that had been plagued by poor management and leadership. Stopped severe attrition and brought back talent that had left.
• Completed the development of a breakthrough line of products co-developed with Intel. The $30M investment was successful in replacing an older product line and leading the market with industry first innovations.
• Initiated a co-development deal with Sharp Corp in Japan that resulted in the addition of lower cost products to the PictureTel product family.
• Groomed a replacement from within the organization to assure continuity of solid leadership.
Vice President, Product Marketing and Management, 1997-1999
Assumed responsibility for the management of all PictureTel products after the company restructured by combining three product divisions into one product group.
• Initiated customer/market research programs that resulted in the elimination of several product development programs and the creation of new ones that more accurately addressed customer’s needs.
• Developed complete new product strategy for PCTL’s future business.
• Lead the product group in the structuring and negotiation of three major third party business deals:
o the transfer of personal system product development to Zydacron.
o the acquisition of Starlight Networks, a leading media streaming software company.
o the joint development agreement and major investment by Intel.
• Successfully formed first fully integrated product management team (35 people) and transitioned decision making out of operational groups such as engineering, operations and service and into the product management team with full P&L control.
Director, Network Systems Division Product Marketing, 1996-1997
Senior Product Manager, 1994-1995
RBOC Marketing Manager, 1991-93
ICL, Inc. Stamford CT and London UK, 1983-1990
Started in a formal 2 year management-training program, then branched into marketing. Initiated industry’s first PC screen sharing application. Developed distribution channels with phone companies.
Professional Grand Prix Sailing Yacht Captain, 1982-83
In addition to racing, also managed the Grand Prix program and its associated budget of $2M. Coordinated construction of yacht, race registrations, preparations and provisioning, crew, program budget, maintenance and yacht delivery.
President’s Club, PictureTel, 1999
Recognized for extraordinary efforts and results in formulating and closing the Intel partnership
President’s Club, PictureTel, 1996
Recognized as the highest performer in the Network System Division
Outstanding Achievement Award, PictureTel, 1995
MBA Candidate, New York University, Strategic Marketing, 1989
BA, Mechanical Engineering, Brown University, Providence, RI, 1981
Click below. Executive Talent Bank will send your message to ...
- Click HERE to get RiteSite Services for YOURSELF.
- Click HERE to view Executive VP, COO, Pres or CEO JOBS and/or to search for Senior Executive VP, COO, Pres or CEO JOB OPPORTUNITIES.
- Click HERE to view Additional Executive VP, COO, Pres or CEO RESUMES and/or to search for Other Senior Executive VP, COO, Pres or CEO RESUMES.
Recruiters and Employers
- Click HERE to POST ALL YOUR JOBS on RiteSite FREE of Charge.
- Click HERE to view More Executive VP, COO, Pres or CEO RESUMES and/or to search for Other Senior Executive VP, COO, Pres or CEO CANDIDATES.
- Click HERE to view Competitive Executive VP, COO, Pres or CEO Job Postings and/or Other Senior Executive VP, COO, Pres or CEO JOBS.