EXECUTIVE with success in technical product development and launch, strategic marketing, project management, quality assurance and contract negotiations. Track record of exceeding customer demands in product sales and service.
Drove national expansion of software product, penetrating 250 cities in 8 states.
Grew high-margin revenues from 10% to 30% of company total.
VERSATILE LEADER who leverages technology to expand revenues and improve efficiencies throughout the company.
* Played key role in company's growth from $1.5 million to $8 million, expanding from regional to national markets.
* 60% cut in response time while call volume increased through effective leadership of customer support division.
* 25% efficiency improvement in large-scale data collection by developing new quality assurance program.
* 40% reduction in fees through negotiations with Oracle on new license structure.
PROVEN BUSINESS STRATEGIST adept at identifying and creating new business opportunities.
* Doubled market penetration for niche business through strategic marketing and networking in target areas.
* Designed web-based, customer-driven forum for "new idea" posting, catapulting company to the industry forefront.
* Co-managed $1.4 million technology project for state of Montana, directing ground-up software development.
STRONG COMMUNICATOR chosen as presenter at national industry seminars and expert witness for numerous tax board cases.
Service-oriented manager whose proactive strategies identify and quickly solve customer problems.
BS, Engineering with Minor in Engineering Management
Tufts University, Medford, MA, 1981
VISION APPRAISAL TECHNOLOGY, INC., Northborough, MA 1982 - 2003
$8 million municipal appraiser and designer of custom software products. Directed several areas of the business concurrently to
coordinate strategic growth and corporate direction.
MANAGER OF QUALITY ASSURANCE, 1990-2003
* Member of corporate strategy group. Directed corporate software development initiatives and presented to President.
* Developed data mapping/documentation process for data conversion projects. Served as Oracle Partner Network Administrator.
* Spearheaded software testing: created/tracked test cases and analyzed results for development.
BUSINESS ANALYST, 2000-2003
* Coordinated support division, development and internal/external customers to determine direction of software development.
SOFTWARE PROJECT ASSISTANT MANAGER, 2000-2001
* Key in leading $1.4 million software development project for state of Montana. Selected from among 12 competitors.
* Served as liaison between 8-person development team and customer to facilitate customized software design.
MANAGER OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT, 1998-2000
* Trained 8-person staff in meeting support needs of 250 customer sites (1100+ end users), fielding up to 40 calls daily.
* Improved response time and boosted customer satisfaction. Implemented call tracking/issues reporting database.
SENIOR COMMERCIAL APPRAISER/PROJECT SUPERVISOR, 1989-1998
* Coordinated municipal mass appraisal projects throughout New England. Doubled customer base from 110 to 220.
* Developed quality assurance program. Upgraded and refined mass appraisal software product.
MANAGER, FEE APPRAISAL DIVISION - Municipal Management Consultants (renamed Vision Appraisal Technology), 1982-1988
* Created this new division to target commercial and residential market segments.
* Acted as Commercial/Industrial Real Property Review Appraiser and Residential/Commercial Real Estate Appraiser.