INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY EXECUTIVE
Accomplished Information Technology and business executive with demonstrated ability to deliver mission-critical results at global multi-billion Fortune 50 companies. Delivered superior business outcomes across multiple industries, including: financial services (Investment Bank, Wealth Management, Asset Management), insurance and commercial software provider. Specialties include custom built applications and ERP systems, B2B and B2C Platforms, Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence implementations with Global Resource Management responsibilities and very strong project/program management talent. Highly skilled in all facets of IT delivery from application strategy formulation to systems implementation and operations. Consistently successful in aligning technology organizations to better meet the needs of their enterprises and delivering superior business results for shareholders. Personable and articulate, clearly able to communicate strategy and cultivate valuable relationships. Effective organizational manager, accustomed to orchestrating multiple development projects and technical support operations, multi-million-dollar budgets and multidisciplinary teams.
Experienced in leading:
ERP & CRM Implementations
E-Commerce / Web Applications
Business & Technology transformation
SDLC, Waterfall & Agile Methodologies
Data Warehousing & BI Services
J2EE and .NET products
Managing Customer Relationships
Off-shore and outsourcing Strategy
Six-sigma / CMM-i
10/2004 – Present
Principal – Technology & Management Consulting
Provided business and technical consulting for global organizations, including UBS Wealth Management, Morgan Stanley, SunGard Investments Management Systems, Nine West and Travelers Insurance. Sets direction and strategy for how IT supports the business needs. Drove projects and organization change through all phases of the systems development life-cycle while managing processes, people and technology transformation efforts.
*Led development of innovative and cost effective software solutions for multiple financial services institutions. Responsible for design and implementation of best practice architecture and frameworks.
* Drove development of strategic financial, sales & marketing and operational applications. Consolidated business and technology capabilities and saved the organization up to $3MM.
* Led business and technology consolidation for entrepreneurial Commercial Software provider and integrated its business functions and technology product into its mainstream data center standards.
*Developed new business capabilities and enhancements for growing hedge-fund Application Service Provider (ASP) services and fund accounting commercial software vendor.
* Reduced IT expenses by 30% by implementing standardized processes and consolidating support model into SunGard’s global data center for web hosting services.
* Drove the business case creation for an enterprise data warehouse consolidation and e-Commerce platform expansion for a leader insurance provider.
* Turnaround and rebuilt IT organization while operating as the interim CTO for commercial software vendor. Led organization changes via employee training opportunities, establishing mentoring programs and hiring top talent.
* Improved Project Delivery and predictability by implementing Project Management methodology within the development teams resulting in several successfully planned and unplanned software releases.
* Led systems sunset and consolidation plans for settlement and clearance applications at global investment bank. Eliminated redundancy and saved $1.5MM structural costs.
* Measured organizational maturity in software practices and drove CMMi level-3 certification at commercial software vendor.
VP Department Head – DW/Business Intelligence CoE Solutions / Architecture and Technology
Managed development of software solutions and the establishment of a multi-year BI strategy and roadmap formulation for a $25B+ organization in Propery & Casualty Insurance. Built new BI solutions for Finance, Risk, Compliance, Sales & Marketing & Operation business areas for Enterprise Data Marts and Meta Data Marts utilizing Cognos 8, Ab Initio, and Teradata. Drove business process optimization initiatives and operational excellence execution to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
* Responsible for managing the business intelligence technology and services portfolio, including ETL architecture and development, data management, information delivery and program/project management execution. Led strategic planning and project execution for the organization for all BI initiatives.
* Drove the development of a platform redesign and implementation of an insurance product management web portal to deliver BI functionality and standardized toolkit across a 5000+ user community.
* Developed strategic roadmap for business transformation and inception of the BI Center of Excellence.
* Worked closely with business area and Enterprise PMO to identify and prioritize platform infrastructure upgrades and drive the implementation of the Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence initiatives.
* Platform management, configuration, installation, change control, version control, hardware and software utilization, monitoring, and reporting.
* Provided for the maintaining of appropriate resources for the technology teams. Including staffing allocations, employee coaching, performance management, and career development. Influenced a positive, supportive, and team-focused working environment with a high-degree of achievement.
* Partner with vendors to plan, design and build technologies related to the direction of the BI CoE team.
* Partner with the data center share services team on key strategic initiatives and evaluations including, hardware, software, and acquisitions.
* Conceptualized and implemented process improvement programs and efficiencies through automation and operational excellence resulting in the elimination of more than $2.MM of manual labor.
* Developed and maintained the annual operating and capital budgets for business intelligence and CoE.
01/2002 – 09/2004
Director – Enterprise Applications Development (Order-to-Cash, Leasing, ERP/CRM)
Director of Application Development for a diversified international mailing, copier, facsimile, management services and financial services company with total annual revenues of approximately $6.2 billion.
Position scope included managing software solution development, business relationship to corporate officers, establishing strategic technology plans, program delivery and application development and support.
Provided a competitive advantage to the company by integrating Sales and Distribution, CRM, Finance, Order Management, Finance and Business Warehouse onto a single scalable platform with the implementation of a $15M+ SAP All-in-One installation for the financial services business within an accelerated 18 months period (2003-2004).
* Defined strategic technology roadmap and implementation components for new customer experience and back-office productivity transformation. Delivered initiatives saved up to $100MM in P&L over 3 years.
* Established a global shared service technology platform. Drove successful implementation of a highly complex, $150+ million ERP/CRM solution in just under 3 years for Services and Consumables Order To Cash operations in North America.
* Responsible for all back office enterprise critical systems for $4 billion financial services business.
* Realized $1.5 million annually by reorganizing 4 previously independent IT organizations.
* Created and managed outsourcing business plan and PMO inception generating cost savings of $5MM.
* Managed Application Development organization of 75+ employees with operating budget of $20 MM.
* Drove compliance assessment for software solution development of Sarbanes Oxley AI and DS-COBIT testing for 3rd party outsourcing vendor. Developed mitigating controls for multi-platform environment.
06/1997 – 01/2002
SVP Department Head – Web Applications, Database Engineering, Data Warehousing / BI Services - Largest Financial Services Global Bank in the World
Led development and implementation of enterprise web based applications for numerous business functions including the Global Investment Bank, Global Transaction business, Individual Client Accounts/Brokerage, Fixed Income, Equities and Global Securities. Supported Financial Products involving Straight through Processing, Clearance & Settlements, Lending, Cash Equities, Fixed Income, Credit Card and Commercial Loans. Responsible for application development, architecture and infrastructure services for web application hosting and data warehousing solutions across the global bank.
* Managed large application development organization across the Citigroup Global Investment Bank with operating budget in excess of $20MM. Responsibilities spanned both web services and data warehousing (both application and infrastructure).
* Developed multi-year strategy for the global investment bank for Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions. Implemented key pilot applications and solutions for the Investment Bank and the Wealth Management areas.
* Managed database engineering (Oracle, DB2U, Sybase), data warehousing and BI tools integration across the Global Investment Bank.
* Led organization through a transformation program in merger, acquisition and disposition of multiple multi-national organizations.
* Responsible for enterprise web-commerce, application service hosting and web services development across all web based applications for the Global Bank.
* Drove development organizations for the World Wide Securities Services (WWSS) web application expansion and technology re-engineering.
* Member of Technology Advisory Board (comprised of senior technology officers of the global Bank).
* Advised executive management on most effective use of established and emerging technologies.
* Managed internal ASP web service and infrastructure encompassing 250+ servers and hosting all enterprise applications.
06/1987 – 06/1997
Department Head – Global Conglomerate - Fortune 10
Defined global technology solutions development strategy and roadmap. Implemented software solutions for numerous business units including GE Capital Corporate Finance (a $9 billion business), Commercial Real Estate, Risk Management, Customer Care, Legal, Compliance and HR. Managed $25 million IT investment budget leading 50+ development resources.
* Implemented ERP applications (Oracle Applications and Peoplesoft) in just under-3 years for multi site business unit (GL, AR, AP, FA). Implementation enabled business consolidation of multiple separate running companies running separate ledgers and was delivered ahead of schedule and under budget.
* Reduced IT operating expenses by 25% ($3 million/year) by re-architecting complex environment.
* Established IT processes for asset re-use via six-sigma/CMMi process improvement capabilities. Savings of 15%-30% of deployment of ‘template’ based IT solutions.
* Developed new applications aligning systems with business, saving $3MM year. Enabled Global HR shared service platform to expand self service capability functionally and geographically by expansion of Peoplesoft HR for most facets of Hire to Retire process for multiple countries and 24,000 users.
* Created e-Commerce site and grew Internet sales to $750 million annually for real estate business.
* Defined and implemented web workflow automation and process improvement plans for multiple business units. Certified six-sigma processes.
* Led global ERP solution (Oracle Financials and Peoplesoft consolidation) and migrated legacy applications to new platform improving customer service, efficiency and access.
* Merged IT operations for 3 separate businesses for Commercial Real Estate, resulting in $2MM savings.
KEY TECHNOLOGIES & METHODS
Distributed Application Development, Application Integration services, IBM Websphere, Oracle/BEA WebLogic, JBoss, Eclipse, Service Oriented Architecture (SOAP, EJB), ERP|CRM Solutions, Web Solutions, Application Architecture, SAP R/3 (SD, FI, CRM, BW), Netweaver & MySAP portal, Oracle/Siebel CRM suite, Cognos 8 BI, Cognos TM1, Business Objects, Data Warehousing/BI (ETL, Metadata, BI tools), Ab-Initio, Composite Software, ORACLE ERP (GL, AR, AP, FA), PeopleSoft ERP (HRMS, GL, AP, AR), Peoplecode PeopleForms, SQR, MicroStrategy, Hyperion ESSBASE, SQR Server, Web SOA architecture (J2EE and .NET), HTML, XML, J2EE/EJB, AJAX Toolkit, C, C++, C#, LDAP, MS-IIS, MS Sharepoint MOSS, Open Text Livelink, UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, IBM-AIX), Oracle RDBMS, Teradata MPP, MS-SQL Server 2005, DB2 (MVS and Unix UDB), Sybase RDBMS, MQ EAI, EMC-Documentum, IBM Mainframe (TSO/ISPF, CICS, IDMS, ADS/O, DB2, COBOL, IMS, D&B, OMNI), MS-Office suite, MS-Project.
Six-Sigma (DMAIC) Quality Programs, SEI-CMMi, Software Development Methodology (SDLC, Waterfall), PMO/PMI, AGILE, Scrum, ITIL, Outsourcing/off-shoring, Sarbanes-Oxley and SAS 70, COBit, UML/RUP.
Bachelor of Science,
Double Major: Computer Science and Business Management - Accounting
The College of Saint Rose