CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER / CPA / BOARD DIRECTOR
Proven success leading, managing and directing finance and operations for Fortune 500 and Mid-Cap companies with international business units. Demonstrated leadership ability to provide vision, focus, and execution to achieve success in start-up, high growth, and turnaround operations. Board Director for public and private companies with comprehensive experience on Governance, Audit, Strategic Planning, Operations, Finance, and Investment Committees (funds invested exceeded $1 billion).
KEY LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
Initial Public Offering (IPO)
Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
Turnaround / Recapitalization
Governance and Audit Committee
Strategic Planning Committee
Harvard Business School Executive Program Corporate Financial Management
Wharton School University of Pennsylvania Executive Program
St. Louis University Accounting and Finance Degree
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) State of Missouri
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
New York Stock Exchange / Fortune 500 / Mid Cap Companies
Wetterau Incorporated NYSE / Fortune 500 9 years
Executive, Audit, and Finance Committees
St. Louis University Funds invested exceeded $1 billion 12 years
Investment, Audit, and Finance Committees
Missouri State Bank 9 years
NHL St. Louis Blues Hockey 6 years
Foodland Distributors 5 years
Kilo Diabetes Foundation 4 years
EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
REM Partners, Inc.
Principal / Consultant
Chief Financial Officer Mid Cap Company $150 million revenue
Vice Chairman Board of Directors NYSE Fortune 500 Company $6 billion revenue
EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
REM Partners Inc. 1994 Present
Principal / Consultant
Principal of management firm created to identify investment and consulting opportunities for public and private companies. Recommend investment opportunities created from extensive research and networking with commercial banks, investment bankers, insurance companies, law firms, accounting firms, and private equity funds.
* Actively engaged in forwarding and recommending potential investment transactions to: (1) Los Angeles private equity fund, (2) San Francisco investment management firm, and (3) Chicago/New York private merchant banking and investment firm.
Pretium Packaging 2000 2003
Chief Financial Officer Mid Cap Company
Recruited by board member and investor of Pretium Packaging (former CEO of Wetterau) to lead the financial recapitalization and restructuring of this $150 million manufacturer of plastic bottles and containers for consumer food packaging, personal care, and pharmaceutical products.
* Member of executive team that led the successful financial recapitalization and restructuring and operational turnaround of 9 manufacturing plants with 1,050 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
* Structured $150 million debt and equity recapitalization with significant increase in ownership to existing shareholders. Attracted mezzanine sub-debt investment of $26 million from AIG Global Investment Corp.
* Increased EBITDA 20% to record $18 million and improved working capital by $10 million.
Wetterau Incorporated 1976 1993
Vice Chairman Board of Directors New York Stock Exchange / Fortune 500
Directed the Finance, Operations, and Strategic Planning Committees of the Board of Directors for a $6 billion NYSE Fortune 500 company with sales in all 50 States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Turkey and Bermuda. Member of Executive Committee of the Board of Directors comprised of the CEO, Vice Chairman, and President/COO.
* Created significant enterprise value from $100 million to $1.3 billion through a series of acquisitions and divestures, and redeployment of assets (cash), providing a net after tax return on average shareholders equity of more than 15% each year over a 10-year period.
* Completed 25 acquisitions to penetrate and dominate strategic markets and increase revenue from $600 million to $6 billion.
* Chairman, Board of Trustees for Pension Plan; Chairman, Employee Benefits Committee.
* Trustee, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Initiated and managed the ESOP, dramatically increasing employee productivity. Later increased ESOP from 5% to 10% ownership.
* Attracted Metropolitan Life as major shareholder (10%). At the time of merger, ESOP, management, and MetLife controlled greater than 50% of the company.
* Formed Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and completed initial public offering (IPO), achieving a significant increase in market value.
* Created Bermuda based captive insurance company and increased assets from initial investment of $250,000 to more than $75 million with reinsurance program through Lloyds of London.
* Information Technology Committee Co-Chairman with a $9 million annual budget. Attended IBM Global Technology executive strategy and education programs in the Silicon Valley. Extensively involved in IT capital asset and management hiring decisions.
* Attracted, retained, motivated, and mentored a high performance team of key operational, financial, legal, and IT professionals.
Throughout tenure, managed finance and operations, legal, SEC reporting, accounting, tax, budgeting, audit, treasury, cash management, commercial and investment banking, risk management insurance, employee benefits, labor relations and Wall Street investor relations.
Operations included 15,500 employees, 6,000 customers, 35 consumer packaged goods business units (including manufacturing, distribution, warehousing and logistics), 160 retail consumer food stores, a construction company, insurance agencies, a Bermuda based captive insurance company, and leasing and finance companies.
In 1992, working with the companys investment banker, negotiated and completed the merger/sale of Wetterau to Super Valu, a Minneapolis-based firm, for $1.3 billion enterprise value.
Director of Operational Analysis, Mallinckrodt, Pharmaceutical Manufacturer
Senior Audit & Assurance Executive, Price WaterhouseCoopers
CAPITAL MARKET RELATIONSHIPS
Bank of America
Wall Street Agencies:
Standard & Poors
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
* American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
* Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants
* Financial Executive Institute
* Former Acting CFO St. Louis Regional Commerce & Growth Association
* Active Supporter United Way, YMCA, Boy Scouts of America, and Junior Achievement