Executive Job Description
Our Client is a joint venture with Pratt & Whitney, a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of gas turbine aircraft engines, industrial gas turbines and space propulsion systems. The company is a 'near-shore' facility, located in Puerto Rico, which provides engineering (Mechanical Design, Structural Analysis, Heat Transfer, Product Definition, Performance Analysis and Aerodynamics, Project Engineering, Systems Design, Software and Controls) and other professional services to the ITAR, Military, Defense, Aerospace and Power Generation Industries.
Top 5 Requirements for the PERFECT candidate:
1. Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work in the US.
2. Minimum of 10 years of experience in aerospace engineering required including previous experience as Project Lead, Team Lead or Supervisor.
3. Significant experience with gas turbine engines strongly preferred.
4. Must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline. Master in Engineering preferred. MBA a plus.
5. Must be willing to relocate (assistance provided) to Puerto Rico.
Senior engineers with demonstrated capability in applying technical skills to deliver results in large projects. Candidates must also have the proven ability to manage and improve complex engineering processes with respect to quality and efficiency.
Projects involve one or more of the following areas:
• Mechanical Design
• Structural Analysis
• Heat Transfer
• Systems Analysis
• Embedded Software
• Manufacturing Engineering
A Senior Engineer will provide leadership to the organization in numerous areas, including:
• Provide technical and programmatic leadership for assigned projects
• Support department level initiatives related to achieving quality and business process excellence
• Provide guidance and mentoring to junior engineers
• Support departmental management in implementing business plans
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline required
• Master in Engineering preferred
• MBA a plus
• Minimum of 10 years experience in aerospace engineering required including previous experience as Project Lead, Team Lead or Supervisor.
• Key Attributes:
• Analytical thinking - identifies root causes of problems and solutions
• Communication skills - able to express ideas confidently and succinctly
• Listening skills - committed to understand other person's perspective
• Forward Thinking - develops plans that anticipate short and long term business needs
• Results Oriented - committed to follow up and follow through, strong desire to embrace the business success factors in an entrepreneurial environment
• Talent Development - coaches and mentors others
• Teamwork - respect and value individual differences, use contributions of all
• High-energy - personality to engage and motivate a group of young engineers
• Adaptability - confident on untried tasks, seeks opportunities for continuous learning, willing to change (if needed) in the face of new information. Able to adapt to the organizational culture.
A compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes an excellent base salary, relocation expenses, 401(k), medical plan, Christmas bonus, merit program, and vacation and holiday time.