EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Technology based solutions for businesses worldwide.
* Executive Skills: Strong conceptual, organizational and analytic abilities. Market-driven, innovative strategist, proactive decision maker, artful problem solver, insightful change agent, merger and acquisition experience, board membership to technology companies and boardroom presence.
* Leadership/Management Style: Gain consensus when needed; build and train sophisticated, flexible, high-performing, cross-functional teams in technology companies; challenge individuals and organizations to continually produce at a competitive edge.
* Results-Oriented: Developed and delivered software, technology, web and e-commerce based enterprise solutions worldwide on budget and on time, managed large operations/data centers in-shore & off-shore and associated costs with heavy capital and human resources investments.
THOMSON FINANCIAL., New York, NY 2004 to Present
Thomson Financial is a division of The Thomson Corporation (TOC), multi-national conglomerate ($8.1B in revenue) operating in over 22+ countries. Thomson Financial provides integrated information and technology applications based on work-flow solutions and financial real-time market data for the global financial services industry.
Senior Vice President, Chief Product Operations Officer
Responsibility for global product portfolio, software development and quality assurance. Directing geographically dispersed staff of 250+ (including operations in India) and a cost center responsibility of $40.0M+.
Providing vision, strategy and tactical execution in the introduction of Product Portfolio Management concept and methodology in effectively managing 6 businesses and product lines globally.
The role encompasses strategic product planning, value packaging and ensuring timely and quality delivery of software solutions which will satisfy Thomson Financial clientele worldwide.
SPECTRA MARKETING, INC., Chicago, IL 1999 to 2004
Spectra Marketing, Inc. is a division of VNU, Inc., multi-national conglomerate ($4.5B in revenues) operating in 100+ countries. Spectra division provides manufacturers, retailers and brokers in the consumer packaged goods industry and retailers with consumer segmentation, data integration and retail intelligence by delivering analytical business solutions through software, data and consulting.
Executive Vice President, Chief Technology Officer
Apply executive management and information technology expertise to develop technology vision, competitive positioning and superior product value proposition to support and accelerate business growth. Responsibility for technology vision, software development, quality assurance, data integration and IT operations and external clients. Directed staff of 125+ and a cost center responsibility of $20.0M+.
* Conceptualized and redefined technology vision by leveraging latest technology trends in Internet to address the critical business drivers of Spectra Marketing.
* Developed short and long-term technology/product deployment plans utilizing Business Portals and Intelligence Tools replacing legacy applications.
* Initiated operational process improvements to increase efficiency and productivity levels while maintaining high quality deliverables by introducing the latest development methodologies such as Extreme Programming (XP) into the organization.
* Restructured and improved caliber/performance of Software/Data Development and Operation staff resulting in tighter focus and greater accountability.
* Achieved “0 headcount increase” in staffing levels for 3 consecutive years despite an average of 20% growth in business volume and product requirements by investing and leveraging a proper and selective technology infrastructure.
GELCO INFORMATION NETWORK, Minneapolis, MN 1996 to 1999
Gelco is software and Services Company operating with an ASP business model serving approximately 2,500 corporate and government clients with 3 product lines. For each of its product lines, Gelco offers software as well as common set of services providing solutions for costs associated with business travel and entertainment and trade’s promotion fund management.
Vice President, Chief Technology Officer
Responsibility for technology, product development, quality assurance, operations as well as support for internal and external clients. Directed staff of 90+ and a cost center responsibility of $11.0M+.
* Provided the vision, strategy and tactical plans to transition from mature technology company into a high-growth company preparing for IPO by leveraging Internet, eCommerce, Oracle and JAVA technologies.
* Led technical teams in development and successful commercialization of new product lines based on leading edge technologies.
* Structured and negotiated a critical strategic alliance with another software technology company to strengthen and expand Gelco’s product portfolio.
LAWSON SOFTWARE, Minneapolis, MN 1995 to 1996
Lawson Software provides business process and supply-chain software solutions developed and designed to serve the specialized needs of service industries such as professional services, healthcare, financial services, retail, public sector and other strategic markets. Lawson software automates and integrates business critical processes and facilitates collaboration by leveraging Internet among customers, partners, suppliers and employees.
Director, International Product Lines
Responsibility for technology, product development and localization as well as channel support for International markets primarily in Western Europe. Directed staff of 25+ and a cost center responsibility of $2.0M+.
* Directed Lawson’s first international product development effort resulting in releases for Western Europe (EEC Countries) enabling Lawson applications to conform to local/legal statutory regulations/requirements.
* Initiated, structured and negotiated an offshore software development alliance with an Indian technology provider to augment the existing resource pool which resulted in improved cost profile (40% savings in development cost) and at the same time, increasing the time to market.
HSB RELIABILITY TECHNOLOGIES, INC., Minneapolis, MN 1991 to 1995
HSB is a developer and a provider of software and integrated systems, consulting and services for industry and government in enterprise applications and transportation markets.
Vice President, Technology & Product Development
Responsibility for technology operations in 2 business units providing application software solutions based on Oracle and Ingres relational database technologies. Directed staff of 65+ and a cost center responsibility of $4.0M+.
* Substantially re-engineered development processes using Oracle, Microsoft, and Ingres tools and technology platforms; revived user groups and customer satisfaction; re-launched five new products.
* Evolved organization to Total Quality culture and initiated ISO9000 compliance programs.
* Provided leadership in business internalization; software development outsourcing and channel distribution programs.
* Key in successfully positioning the company for a subsequent sale.
DIGITAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS, INC., Minneapolis, MN 1988 to 1991
Digital Information Systems, Inc. is a developer and a provider of integrated manufacturing information systems-ERP and consulting services to Fortune 1000 companies mostly in manufacturing arena.
Vice President, Software Services & Chief Software Engineer
NRG SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS, INC., Toronto, Canada 1986 to 1988
NRG is a customized software development (Be-Spoke) and management-consulting firm.
NESTLE ENTERPRISES LIMITED, Toronto, Canada 1980 to 1986
Nestle is a multi-national food and beverage manufacturer.
Manager, Software Services
MAKO A.S., Istanbul, Turkey 1976 to 1979
Mako A.S. is an Italian-Turkish automotive parts manufacturer.
Senior Systems Analyst
* Relational Database Technologies including Oracle and SQL Server.
* Contemporary Programming Languages such as JAVA, C++…
* Web Browser, Business Portal based Internet/Intranet and eCommerce business application development and deployment…
* Data Warehousing/Datamart development and deployment utilizing SAS as well as OLAP technologies…
* Major hardware platforms such as SUN, HP, IBM running under UNIX, LINUX, MS Windows/NT as well as LAN and WAN network products…
* Storage Area Network (SAN) deployment leveraging various EMC technologies such as Symmetrix, Clarion…
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE-MANAGEMENT (Minor in Computer Science)
Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey