SENIOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY EXECUTIVE
Strategic business partner and technology executive accustomed to partnering with senior-level management to lead multi-billion-dollar corporations. Recognized for solving critical, recurring, and emergent problems underpinning top-tier customer relations and client service focus. Trusted C-suite and BOD Advisor. Consummate communicator adept in bridging the gap in a layperson's understanding of technology and its potential relevancy to the bottom line. MBA
* Strategic Planning
* Complex Project Management
* Business Process Engineering & Optimization
* IS Operations
* IT Governance
* Change Management Leadership
* Large Scale Program / Project Management
* Customer Relationship Management
* Business Development & Product Mapping
Consistently successful in aligning technology with business objectives and customers' needs to maximize the corporation's competitive advantage and drive contributions to the bottom line.
1999 to Present
HRL LABORATORIES, LLC
Intellectual property think tank conducting applied research in electronics and information sciences to create new products and services for its LLC members (Raytheon, GMC, Boeing), space / telecommunications industries, and DoD, DARPA, through both government prime contracts and subcontract assist programs.
Manager, Information Technology
Chief Information Technology Officer heavily involved in both strategy and operations of HRL. Function as key business advisor driving technological and strategic change that builds organizational effectiveness and accelerates growth. Deliver innovative client-centric solutions.
Lead information systems infrastructure, application development, database administration, network design and management, client support, technology planning, and information systems security for this $86 million entity.
Ensure stable communications infrastructure featuring inline encryption to achieve smooth movement of data while simultaneously ensuring protection of data and intellectual property assets. Full P&L responsibility for a $2.3 million budget. Manage IT consultants and in-house team of 11. Present quarterly technology reports to BOD.
Initially charged with weaning company from parent organization (Hughes Aircraft Company) by building new applications, systems, and network.
---Senior Management Team Initiatives---
* Spearheaded collaborative initiative via MS Share Point Technologies or Groove Net to share ideas and documents with internal and external clients and partners in a secure environment.
* Leading the development of delivery mechanisms to rebrand HRL as an independent company versus a captive entity of Raytheon, GMC or Boeing.
* Raising visibility via effective branding of website, name recognition, and delivery mechanisms.
* Executed business continuation (disaster recovery) initiative designed to preserve the intellectual property and assets of HRL in the event of a major disaster or hostile environment.
* Led corporate initiative to attract and retain key talent by offering remote telecommuting arrangements featuring totally secure data and IP tools.
* Oversee product mapping strategies to align new product initiatives and avoid time and effort redundancies. Partner with senior executive team and laboratory directors to realize full industry commercialization of new products and improve corporate competitive edge.
---Senior Executive Team & Committee Leadership---
* Business & Marketing Committee: Participate in strategic business development planning and align IT to business initiatives to ensure optimal client support and a steady stream of new business.
* Steering Committee: Established group to align IT initiatives with business goals and objectives.
* Research Center Library Committee: Lead HRL's Research Library operations and $400K+ budget.
* Security Committee: Collaborate with the Chief Security Administrator and officers of government agencies regarding secret and classified work.
* Outsourcing Committee: Participated in identifying company's core competencies and developing technology outsourcing strategies. Subsequently led outsourcing initiatives.
* Developed and implemented Security architecture i.e., firewalls, anti-virus services, Virtual Private Network (VPN) for client remote access services and interconnectivity to LLC members.
* Established software purchasing process and oversight controls while implementing enterprise-wide software standards. Results: Reduced support/maintenance costs, saved $100k+ negotiating favorable software enterprise license agreements, and documented corporate licensure compliance.
* Work collaboratively with Raytheon, GMC, and Boeing to develop seamless web conferencing interface strategy.
* Implemented change control process to improve quality of systems implementations and interdepartmental communications.
---Information Systems Security---
* Leading construction of Security and Classified Infrastructure (SCIF) plant housing multiple clients' work. Managing communications with defense contractors, security officers, attorneys, technical counterparts, and Chief Security Administrator of various government agencies involved in secret and classified work projects, particularly aerospace industries and information sciences.
---Information Systems Infrastructure---
* Eliminated network stability issues, modernized infrastructure to scale reliably, redesigned and directed the implementation of LAN / broadband networks. Results: Boosted performance.
* Managed $3.2 million installation and migration of financial and accounting applications, replacing owner legacy mainframe systems.
* Streamlined system administration managing Microsoft NT to Windows 2003 Server migration project. Results: Reduced maintenance cost 40%; increased client services.
* Defined and established hardware standards and negotiated favorable support agreements. Results: Slashed overall cost 15%; improved and strengthened vendor relationships.
---Network Design & Management---
* Designed and directed email system implementation providing domestic and international message delivery in <3 seconds. Results: Improved enterprise-wide productivity virtually eliminating SPAM 92%.
---Client Relations & Support---
* Improved customer service by defining/developing metrics & standards to measure support to business units.
* Established Centralized Helpdesk service that reduced outages and meantime-to-
1998 to 1999
Independent Project Consultant - Lotus Notes Administration
Brought in to stabilize and accelerate multi-state Lotus Notes integration and infrastructure implementation for this $24 million Workmans' Compensation Insurance company. Environment: 6 servers, 2400 clients, 40 states.
The Cordada Group
Principal Project Consultant - e-Business Practice
Asked by this consulting firm to provide business continuation and transition support for post merger activities following Washington Mutual's acquisition of Great Western Bank (prior employer, 1985-1998).
1985 to 1998
GREAT WESTERN BANK (currently WASHINGTON MUTUAL)
$78 billion consumer banking institution operating primarily in the Western US.
Purchased by Washington Mutual in 1998.
Manager Network Operations (August 1995 to June 1998)
Manager Midrange Systems (May 1990 to August 1995)
Project Manager Technical Systems Support (January 1987 to May 1990)
Senior Systems Analyst (August 1985 to January 1987)
Recruited for systems architecture and project management expertise and rapidly promoted through a series of increasingly responsible leadership positions. Consistently asked by Senior Vice President of Information Services and CIO to realign undisciplined projects, partner with the bank's technology clients, consultants, and vendors nationwide to resolve major issues, set realistic expectations, and expedite key initiatives. Managed operating budgets of up to $4.4 million.
---Information Systems / Technology Planning & Strategy Leadership---
* Enterprise Email System: Turned around and led implementation of an enterprise email system including migration of 3,000+ central campus clients, 40 servers and 8,000+ nationwide clients and 400 servers to a Lotus Notes environment. Developed and presented Project Plan to Executive Committee for review and approval; met regularly with clients and vendors to review project status; led installation and configuration of software; developed maintenance program; and provided support expertise for complex issues and problems.
* Mid-range Systems (MRS) Applications Migration: Led oversight MRS group comprised of 2 operations supervisors, 1 applications supervisor, and 12 staff conducting multi-shift / 24x7x365 operations. Led a series of distributed computer systems migrations to IBM AS/400 machines from both IBM S/36 and S/38 products using a consistent and structured process to better serve internal clients. Results: Integrated 6 different groups and MRS systems, standardized platforms, and slashed operation costs 20%.
* FileNet Image System: Reengineered Loan Processing Document workflow; evaluated new equipment / software, and migrated system hardware, software, and applications from proprietary platforms to open systems platform. Results: Slashed operating expenses $.5 million and accelerated document processing time 40%.
* Modulaw Implementation: Automated corporate Legal Department case management functions. Result: Achieved annual savings of $85,000.
1981 to 1985
SECURITY PACIFIC AUTOMATION COMPANY
Division of Security Pacific Bank
Assistant Vice President / Project Manager
Recruited by SVP to lead development of an Information Management System that would provide senior-level executives with business intelligence tools. Led a team of six.
* Led development of Executive Management Reporting System providing consolidated business data to senior managers and banking operations officers within all business units.
* Implemented problem- and change-management system. Results: Annualized savings of $100k+.
Operations Manager & Application Development positions within Pacific Telephone.
MBA, CALIFORNIA LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY, Thousand Oaks
BS, Accounting, CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Northridge
Society for Information Management (SIM)
Member, Southern California Chapter