VP / DIRECTOR – SALES & MARKETING / GENERAL MANAGER
Sales and operations executive with broad expertise in the commercial equipment leasing, food & beverage, consumer products, and specialty automotive industries, and the flexibility to rapidly adapt to new markets and product lines. Keen understanding of the East Coast market from manufacturers to distributors, retail to foodservice, and packaged goods to specialty food products. Effective leader able to build, develop and direct a motivated and productive sales team. Areas of expertise include:
* Operations & Sales Team Leadership
* New Business Development
* Customer Relationship Management
* Leasing and Food Industry Experience
* New Products / Product Extensions
* Supplier Pricing Negotiation
* Promotional Marketing
* Operational Restructuring & Growth
SUNRISE FUNDING SOLUTIONS – LaGrangeville, NY 2007 – Present
President / Operating Manager
Established a consulting/commercial equipment leasing business working with companies in the food industry, such as CLJL Food Marketing in the brokerage segment and Lesser Evil Snack Company in the manufacturing sector, as well as commercial equipment venders and end users in the food manufacturing and distribution area, providing financing solutions through a variety of leasing programs.
* Researched and identified product lines that would best help to attain business penetration into regional distributors.
* Negotiated and contracted new broker relationships with the manufacturers of these commodity and specialty lines.
* Worked with key distributors to place new product lines into selected end user accounts.
* Developed new promotional materials to improve company image and recognition in the food service/equipment leasing industry.
ACE CAR LINE – Port Chester, NY 2002 to 2006
Partner / Vice President Sales & Marketing
Purchased, with a business partner, a distributor of automotive detailing, paint and additive products. Assumed responsibility for sales and marketing, account relationship building, warehouse and delivery operations, and negotiating supplier pricing. In November, 2006, I successfully negotiated the sale of Ace Car Line to a sub-distributor of Malco. Major accomplishments included:
* Restructured the company to counteract volatility in the auto paint industry, re-directing sales efforts toward highly profitable sales of Malco auto refinishing products under a 19-county exclusive distribution agreement with Malco, a manufacturer of a unique, high profit product line.
* Developed new accounts and managed account relations with 400+ body shops, auto dealers, detailers, car rental businesses, and fleet operators across the metropolitan New York area.
* Earned company ranking as one of the largest Malco distributors in the United States. Worked closely with the Malco sales representative and oversaw six Malco sub-distributors.
* Successfully negotiated pricing, terms and promotional agreements with suppliers to achieve major improvements in business profitability. Oversaw 8-person staff and distributor network.
CROTON FARMS / SUNRISE FOODS – Brewster, NY 1985 to 2002
Partner / Vice President Sales & Marketing – Croton Farms (2000 – 2002)
Owner / President – Sunrise Foods (1985 – 2000)
In 1985, purchased Sunrise Foods and assumed full ownership of this family-owned business offering food, beverage, and specialty food products (including refrigerated and dry goods), to national and regional bakeries, restaurants, diners, and delicatessens, and cafeterias. Led sales and marketing, while also directing a staff engaged in warehouse/operations, inventory control, delivery fleet, and customer credit and collections.
At the beginning of 2001, after merging the company with Croton Farms, I became Vice President of Sales & Marketing. After two years of highly profitable revenue growth, I sold my interest in the business to my business partners in order to pursue other interests. Over the course of my career with Sunrise Foods and Croton Farms, some of my major accomplishments included:
* Created and led a highly professional and motivated sales team to increase revenues from less than $1 million to $10 million annually. Instituted incentive programs and tracking mechanisms to improve productivity of sales team. Played a key role in building the business from three workers to a staff of 28 employees.
* Expanded the client base from 150 to over 1,200 active clients. Established and managed numerous key accounts and managed relations with bakeries, chain/independent restaurants, institutional food service and in-plant feeder accounts in Manhattan, Bronx, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Fairfield, Putnam, Ulster and Dutchess counties. Cultivated new accounts through canvassing, referrals and manufacturer-generated leads. Negotiated prices, terms and delivery schedules with clients.
* Enhanced profitability by 25% by introducing new specialty food lines and a broader selection of products enabling the development of a more diverse client base. Conducted visits to manufacturing facilities and attended major food shows to locate new vendor and supplier sources. Researched and added new products with a particular focus on high profit frozen food items. Developed new private label products and created package designs.
* Played a key role in consolidating operations after merger of Sunrise Foods with Croton Farms. During initial phase of merger, targeted efforts on maintaining positive account relations. Achieved 99% account retention, despite the challenges of reorganizing delivery schedules and relocating warehouse.
GENERAL FOODS – Clifton, NJ 1981 to 1985
Marketed the full line of Maxwell House, Sanka, Yuban, Brim, Jell-O, Country Time, Kool Aid, Open Pit Barbecue Sauces and Tang products. Sold product line to food distributors, office service distributors, institutional users and in-plant feeders. Initially managed the Orange, Dutchess, Putnam and Westchester County territory; promoted to position servicing clients in the lower Manhattan, Nassau County and Queens territory.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
Bachelor of Arts, Communication Arts, Iona College – New Rochelle, NY, 1980
Member, Distributor Advisory Council – Malco Corporation, 2006
Member, American Farmland Trust
Member, Town of Beekman Open Space Committee