Consumer Electronics Executive
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Award winning team builder and results driven leader is geared up to give your organization the competitive advantage. Proven sales and marketing strategist will deliver exceptional B2C & B2B channel growth, profitability and operational performance. Leading the team with cross-industry expertise, unique relationship building techniques and tactical planning initiatives will drive superior and consistent results. Concentrated application of these principles will lead to significant revenue generation, increased brand share/profitability and a more productive organization.
• Leadership - Successfully returned $260 million company to profitability by executing major restructuring strategies directed towards improving the organization’s fiscal performance, revenue growth, operational efficiency, corporate culture, personnel morale and performance.
• Breakthroughs - 2005 through 2007 regained placement at key retailers Circuit City, Radio Shack, Dell, Best Buy and Office Max, which generated revenues in excess of $25 million annually.
• Market Positioning - Led strategic initiatives that grew profitable commercial channel revenue by 48% from 2004 through 2006 with existing accounts Hewlett Packard, CDW, Boise, Tech Data and the additions of new key customers Quantum and Tandberg Data.
• Alliances - Awarded prestigious Category Captain position at Target, K-Mart, CVS, Rite Aid and Genovese. Company's operations team was recipient of 2002, 2003 and 2004 SCM awards at Target and Circuit City.
• Execution - Co-developed sales and marketing plans that established multi-year exclusive category agreements with Costco and Circuit City, increasing annual sales by over $25 million.
• Management - Established the Eastern division as the #1 performing Consumer sales division.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT SKILLS
* Operational Performance & Profitability
* Strategic Channel Sales & Marketing
* Tactical & Strategic Business Planning & Budgeting
* P&L and Operations Management
* Customer Alliance and Team builder
* Restructuring & Cultural Change Leadership
* Global Sourcing/Negotiations and Supply Chain
Consumer Electronics Company, NY 2008 - 2009
Senior Vice President of Operations
Growing revenue, brand awareness and expanding channel distribution at the national retail level were the primary objectives. Responsibilities included the development and implementation of all sales, marketing and SCM strategic and tactical planning. Management of 12 direct reports and ten manufacturer reps. Accountable for the advancement and achievement of the business plan, P&L and all related sales and marketing channel strategies. Coordinate key SCM initiatives that supported the company’s primary objectives.
• Led reorganization of sales and marketing teams that opened and expanded business at Walmart, Radio Shack, Amazon, Dollar General, Tiger Direct, BrandsMart, PC Richard, Synnex and Tessco.
• Successfully implemented retail and wholesale marketing strategies that led to 10% revenue growth in 2008 and gained key account placement in a very challenging economic environment.
• Developed and implemented disciplined corporate planning processes; annual sales, marketing and operations strategic business plan, sales forecasting system, SCM, procurement and contract administration.
Japan based Consumer Electronics Company, NY 1986 -2008
Divisional President (2004-2008)
Reporting to the division's GM in Japan, this position was responsible for the daily operation of this $260 million organization and served as the division's COO. Directed company assets in a coordinated effort to ensure execution of all strategic and tactical initiatives to meet and exceed revenue and profit objectives. Responsibilities included; administration of corporate governance, company policies relating to operations, fiscal performance, and human resources.
• Since Q4 2004, achieved ten straight quarters of revenue and profit goal attainment; improved company’s profit by $7 million in one year, as company had been unprofitable for the previous 3 years.
• Reduced company’s SGA expense by over $10 million - almost 33% - through exiting of unprofitable businesses, improving accounts receivables, supply chain management and other performance and reform initiatives.
Vice President of Operations and Administration (2002–2004)
Identified, developed and implemented “best practices” business processes and procedures and improved overall operational efficiencies and effectiveness. This work encompassed supply chain management, organization’s performance indices and benchmarks, contract administration, IT systems, credit and collections, product procurement, customer and technical services and operations.
• Initiated and implemented business improvement processes that targeted A/R and credit functions and reduced charge-backs and unresolved claims from over $9 million to under $4 million within two years.
• Established a company record through successful vendor negotiations and improved supply chain methods, implemented vendor consignment agreements, thus reducing product inventory by 20%.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing (1998-2002)
Directed USA Consumer sales and marketing activities with revenues exceeding $350 million. Accountable for the development and achievement of business plan, P&L and all related marketing strategies. Human resources included 25 marketing and sales professionals, and 10 manufacturer representative companies.
• Successfully developed channel strategy and achieved unprecedented sales and profit in 2001.
• Recipient of President’s Award for outstanding goal attainment and professionalism.
• Developed product, marketing and sales plans that achieved over $50 million in new product revenue.
Eastern Divisional Sales Manager (1995-1998)
Responsible for all related sales activities for the East Coast Consumer sales division with revenue exceeding $60 million. Developed and directed the divisional sales and marketing team as well as manufacturer representative companies.
• Increased drug channel sales from $2 million to over $10 million annually.
• Opened new channels of distribution through additions of D&H, National Wholesale Distributors, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Linens-n-Things, Wegmans, Ahold, Azerty, Computer Associates and ADP, resulting in annual sales of $5 million.
Product Procurement Manager (1990-1995)
Liaison among sales, marketing and worldwide manufacturing facilities responsible for the procurement and inventory control of all product lines (approximately $360 million), serving the North, South and Central American markets.
• Developed and implemented inventory and cost control measures that reduced process and inventory interest expenditures by over $2 million annually.
• Company representative for Vendor of the Year awards from Walmart and Target.
Oakdale, New York