Accomplished multilingual operations manager with international experience focused on driving customer satisfaction through providing quality products on time and on budget. A combination of hands-on experience, extensive technical knowledge and a strong education provides a holistic view of all aspects of the business.
Demonstrated leader with a diverse set of core competencies that include process engineering and supply chain management. Permanent residence status in the US allows the flexibility to work in the US along with Brazil and the European Union.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Management Seminars Project Management, Supervision, Communications,
Teamwork, General Management, Training for Trainers
Language (fluent) English, German (native), Portuguese, Spanish
Computer/Information Systems SAP MM/SD/PP, Office, Network, CMMS, EURIC certificate in
KEY COMPETENCIES GAINED THROUGH EXPERIENCE AND MBA PROGRAM
- Lean Six Sigma
- SAP Implementation
- Corporate Finance
- Cost Accounting
- Product Development
- Supply Chain Management
EcoZone, LLC. Valparaiso, IN 2008 dato
- Working with multiple levels within clients in the areas of strategy, product management and process control to improve capabilities and product quality.
- Implementing quality control systems and equipment improvements.
American Renolit Corporation, La Porte, IN Flexible & Rigid PVC 2000 2008
RENOLIT AG is an international leader in the manufacture of high-quality products with close to $2 billion revenue. RENOLIT AG has been setting benchmarks for quality and innovation and employs a workforce of approximately 4,300 employees at more than 30 production sites and sales companies.
Invest & Process Manager (2006 2008)
- Managed $5Mil in capital projects revolving around capacity and product expansion.
- Provided mentoring for the engineering team and maintenance supervisors.
- Lead resource with overall financial and technical responsibilities on $23 million production line installation to further increase capacity & capabilities. Led team responsible for the successful implementation of the supply chain for new production line leading to a successful project completion.
- Subject Matter Expert for all process related issues associated with calendering, mixing, and lacquering, including: product development; definition of product characteristics; establishment of effective run conditions to meet customer requirements; development of technical solutions to improve quality; and improvement of process capabilities.
- Responsible for product management (Supply Chain Management) of the pressure sensitive film business, including the set up of customer requirements and internal technical support.
- Primary technical resource assigned to key customers to ensure successful product introductions and key.
- Led Lean Six Sigma Program implementation for process technician team (Initial Six Sigma project resulted in increased efficiency with a benefit of > $400K).
- Key user and Core team member for SAP implementation (MM, SD, PP).
Technical Manager (2004 2006)
- Provided departmental leadership through talent development and retention, performance reviews, goal setting, compensation planning, departmental budgeting, and daily departmental oversight.
- Reduced machine downtime by >40% through identification and resolution of major downtime issues using FMEA analysis, and implementing new technologies.
- Evaluated industry CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software) packages, identified Maintain EX as primary selection, and led the implementation for the maintenance department.
- Designed and implemented updated preventative maintenance program to be tracked utilizing CMMS package. Program implementation increased uptime by approximately 10%.
- Provided assistance for process related issues.
Department Manager PVC (2000 2004)
- Managed performance of $25 million manufacturing operation with 4 Supervisors and 60 employees in a 24/7/365 operation; directly accountable for scheduling, production control, quality control, product improvement, process, equipment, project management; and R&D
- Partnered with senior leadership of purchasing, sales, customer service, and customer relations to build framework of internal operations for new US based product lines.
- Responsible for the start-up of 3 calender lines and one lacquer line (total investment > $60 million), introduction and transfer of various products and processes from German plants to La Porte, IN and held the responsibility for the technical realization of expanding the flexible film business from $0 in 2000 to a $25 million business in 2003.
- Served as the operations liaison for the RENOLIT AG German based headquarters.
AC Folien GmbH, Muhlheim, Germany 1999 2000
Production Manager Rigid PVC/Medical Film
- Brought on board to lead the restart of a $25 million plant expansion project that had previously experienced delays and technical issues preventing initial successful completion. (including new clean room, production lines, training, and significant cultural change throughout entire organization)
- Managed 60 team members in the calendering, converting and maintenance departments, through team development, performance reviews, cross training, mentoring, and goal setting.
- Primary production resource for pharmaceutical customers during audits of processes and procedure for medical film products.
Renolit AG, Waldkraiburg, Germany 1997 1999
Production Manager Flexible PVC film
- Responsible for the successful leadership of the calendering, converting and maintenance departments.
- Streamlined training processes in order to improve the flexibility of workforce and increase knowledge and technical insights of operations staff.
Hama Kunststoffprofile, Wendlingen, Germany 1994 1997
Production Manager Profile Extrusion
- Managed twenty team members responsible for the profile and pipe extrusion of PVC, Rubber, PC, PE and PP through mono and co-extrusion processes.
- Specified production requirements, evaluated products, and implemented MRP/PP system.
Process Technician 1981 - 1994
Technical resource in the extruded plastics industry.
Bolta Schonberg, Germany
Reifenhauser Troisdorf, Germany & Sao Paulo, Brazil
AOE Plastic GmbH Wasserburg, Germany
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana May 2008
MBA Cum Laude (3.762 GPA)
Fachschule für Technik, Troisdorf, Germany May 1990
Technical degree in Process Engineering with emphasis in Plastic Processing