PMO & GOVERNANCE MANAGER | DIRECTOR OF PMO | VP OF PMO
Experience in developing PMO & Governance Offices including methodology, process, templates, and metrics
Energetic IT PMO professional skilled at defining and executing the PPM processes, overseeing the governance of IT project execution and managing overall portfolio health, including financial, schedule and quality, reporting out on program/projects and potential risks to business and IT leadership. Demonstrated ability to provide strategy, vision and direction for IT Portfolio Management processes with the talent to embrace and facilitate change within the organization. Adept in quickly understanding and formulating a business group’s strategic priorities and developing and executing the aligned broad scale strategies to meet their specific needs. Respected consensus builder adept at managing relationships and securing commitments from senior leadership, business unit stakeholders, outside vendors, and the enterprise IT teams, skillfully balancing the need to deliver short-term business results with what is in the long-term best interest of the company.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* IT Strategy & Planning
* Business Planning (ROI, TEI)
* Governance (ARB & PRB)
* Project & Program Management
* PMO set-up & Management
* Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
* Vendor Selection & Management
* Enterprise/Solution Architecture
* Team Building/Mentoring
LAS VEGAS SANDS CORPORATION (LVSC) – LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 5/2008 – 6/2012
DIRECTOR OF ENTERPRISE STRATEGY & ARCHITECTURE, FOH & IT / BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT LEADER, CASINO & HOTEL SOLUTIONS
* Ongoing business end user advocate within IT for new ideas/solutions to improve and enhance guest experiences throughout the property from the casino floor, retail outlets, restaurants, and in the guest suites at the resort.
* Successfully negotiated a first to market solution for poker players to register for on-property poker tournaments via a self-service kiosk, which enabled an increase in player satisfaction and incremental revenue for the property.
* Enabled over $400K in cost savings by utilizing existing systems, implementing business process changes, leveraging free tools to meet business needs rather than purchasing new software and/or hardware solutions.
* Heavily involved in the infrastructure, technical architecture design and roll-out of the HP PPM SaaS based solution for use by 300+ Business and IT team members for portfolio/project management & governance throughout the LVSC enterprise.
* Managed a property-wide document management system conversion/upgrade and replacement of 110 guest-facing digital signature capture device project with a $195K budget which affected 750+ Team Members.
* Completed the business case, requirements development, vendor selection, statement of work (SOW) negotiation, solution implementation for an enterprise wide Talent Management SaaS based product suite which impacts over 9,500 North America Team Members.
* Partnered with the Venetian Poker Room Management Team to obtain off cycle capital budget funding of $160K for a system conversion and insured that it was successfully completed within eight weeks. This system conversion was a key factor in a +20% revenue increase year-over-year for the Venetian Poker Room.
* Managed a team of 8 Business Analysts, which included, project assignments, deliverable reviews, creation of standards, processes and templates along with training them on requirements gathering industry standards and best practices.
* Assisted with the development and implementation of multiple processes and procedures for the North America IT Project Management Office (PMO) impacting over 140 Information Technology Team Members.
* Provided IT input and estimated cost information for the Front of House & IT requests during the 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 CapEx and OpEx budgeting processes for the LVSC enterprise.
MGM MIRAGE/MANDALAY RESORT GROUP (MRG) – LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 02/2005 – 04/2008
DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC INNOVATION & INTEGRATION (09/2007-04/2008)
* Managed the $1MM City Center In-Room Proof of Concept project involving over 15 internal businesses, IT and third party vendor resources. Established precise detailed plans to insure that all critical path/project milestones were completed on schedule, within budget and all business/technology objectives were met.
* Developed and led an initiative to restructure the Application Support department which directly impacted over 10 IT employees. Analyzed current state of the Application Support department, refined and enhanced three job descriptions (lead, senior, regular), created two different career paths for Application Support Analysts (technical or management), developed IT vertical internal OLAs and SLAs for strategic technology vendors.
* Chaired multiple internal manager/executive meetings to review and determine potential business value/fit of short, medium, and long-term innovation concepts, goals and ideas.
* Partnered with technology vendors/solution providers to review current solution offerings and future roadmap to determine if a new and/or upgraded solution can add business value to the MGM MIRAGE enterprise.
* Developed an enterprise-wide strategy for self service employee and guest facing kiosks which was utilized in assessing, reviewing and selecting a vendor for the Mandalay Bay Buffet kiosk project.
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS ANALYSIS (02/2006-09/2007)
* Expanded team from 6 to 13 resources; while ensuring effective leadership, direction, and standards for the Business Analyst team by developing and implementing a Community of Practice which included: 20+ new deliverable templates and 10+ processes/procedures.
* Defined, documented and communicated two position plans, multiple internal/external free and low cost training opportunities, two MGM MIRAGE Corporate IT specific career paths and potential areas of focus for Business Analyst resources utilizing department and industry standard best practices.
* Developed and implemented management guidelines for Business Analyst project management growth opportunities.
* Created and implemented a standard orientation process, individualized position plans and a quarterly review process for Business Analyst resources within MGM MIRAGE Corporate IT.
* Heavily involved in the development and implementation of the processes, procedures and deliverable templates for the IT Project Management Office that were based on Six Sigma and PMI Project Management Methodologies.
* Key contributor to the Clarity pilot project team by sharing potential opportunities for process and training optimization in preparation for the department-wide rollout of Clarity at MGM MIRAGE Corporate IT.
PROJECT MANAGER (PM) (09/2005-09/2006)
* Created key IT deliverables such as: project schedules, roles/responsibilities matrixes, proposed architecture diagrams utilizing MGM MIRAGE Corporate IT project management methodology and industry standards.
* Led the $15M player loyalty technology conversion program (6+ major IT projects) which was important for MGM MIRAGE to insure a consistent player experience at the newly purchased Mandalay Resort Group Properties.
* Successfully directed a six week technology conversion process for Monte Carlo to the MGM MIRAGE Players Club Program.
* Effectively collaborated with the slot floor conversion IT project manager to insure on-time and on-budget delivery of each slot floor conversion required for the Mandalay Resort Group One Club to the MGM MIRAGE Players Club Conversion Program.
* Screened & evaluated 5+ candidates for Business Analyst positions within MGM MIRAGE Corporate IT.
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST (SR. BA) (02/2005-09/2005)
* Created key IT deliverables including: business/functional requirements documentation, current/to-be process flows, data report and screen mockups using the Corporate IT software development lifecycle & industry standards.
* Managed the investigation and analysis into the feasibility of adding the 10+ Mandalay Resort Group properties to the existing MGM MIRAGE open source based Message Bus Solution (CME2) for room, cross property room charges and credit card transactions.
* Led definition, requirements gathering and analysis for customized applications including: data reporting, messaging and casino management solutions for over 5+ corporate & property specific organizations/departments.
* Mentored 3+ Business Analyst peers on industry standards and best practices for requirements analysis gathering and analysis.
HEWLETT PACKARD (HP), CUPERTINO, CA
BUSINESS ANALYST, INKJET PRINTING GROUP (IPG), PROJECT GENERATION IT (PGIT)
* Led the business and information management analysis processes for the development and implementation of various customized web applications, messaging and data warehousing solutions on behalf of multiple IPG Product Generation organizations.
* Generated key IT project deliverables such as conceptual and logical data models, data dictionaries, data flow diagrams, application architecture diagrams, ETL mapping design documentation, data report and web screen mockups, application design documentation, end user acceptance test cases and schedules.
* Analyzed & updated ETL mappings for the MSDS application based on new business/functional requirements as a result of new governmental and safety regulations in 30+ locations that HP goods & services are sold.
* Mentored and trained 10+ employees on IPG Product Generation IT specific policies and procedures.
* Selected to represent the Information Systems Analyst community on the IPG IT Information Standards Board.
* Interviewed & evaluated 6+ candidates for Business/Data Analyst & Technical Architect positions within IPG IT.
HEWLETT PACKARD (HP), PALO ALTO, CA
IT SPECIALIST, SUPPLY CHAIN INFORMATION SYSTEMS (SCIS)
* Successfully supported and enhanced multiple worldwide daily data feeds from 5+ sources to enable effective supply chain management for the Network Systems and Mobile Computing divisions of HP.
* Led the testing and implementation of a custom developed interface between an existing enterprise data warehouse and the DesignWin application enabling faster analysis, increased data accuracy and improved usability of the DesignWin application.
* Performed the management responsibility of offshore development resources to support the Caesar Data Warehouse Migration Project which included defining the scope of work, acceptance criteria for work completed, and key milestones as required by the ePIT Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
* Increased workforce readiness by developing company-wide end-user and support training and documentation for numerous business tools, including Buypower, KeyChain, and eMercury.
* Traveled internationally and domestically to train 6+ IT support staff ("Follow the Sun support") and end users on key strategic business applications for HP.
Business, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Tools:
MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 & 2011/Office/Visio, Altiris Helpdesk, Service Now, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Acrobat & Photoshop, Cornerstone Talent Management
Collaboration, Social Media & Web Technologies:
WSS 2.0/3.0, MOSS 2007, SharePoint 2010, Skype, WebEx, eRoom, IIS 6/7, MS Communicator 2005/OCS 2007/Lync 2010, Apple TV, Google TV
Desktop/Laptop, Server & Mobile Device Operating Systems:
Unix/HP-Unix, AS400, MS Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, MS Windows Server 2003/2008, Google Android, Apple iOS, Blackberry OS
.NET, JSP, Java, HTML, PERL, SQL, PL/SQL, Transact SQL, C, Korn Shell
ETL & ESB Integration Solutions:
IBM WebSphere, Informatica eProcurement, WebMethods B2B, TIBCO
Database, Reporting & Data Modeling Applications:
Oracle, MS Access/BI/Power Pivot/SQL Server 2005 & 2008, Cognos BI, Business Objects, Business Objects Web Intelligence (Webi)
Infrastructure and Software Solution Architectures:
Client/Server, Multitier, Web Services, Server Based Computing, Business Event-Driven, Cloud, OLAP, SOA, BI Cube, Software as a Service (SaaS)
PMBOK, BABOK, EPACE, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC, Agile, Scrum, ITIL, COBIT, JAD, Proof of Concept, Waterfall, Zackman, TOGAF
Clarity, CA Open Workbench, MS Project Server/Professional, Daptiv, HP PPM
Casino Management, Player Loyalty Systems:
IGT Advantage Slot Accounting, Patron Management, & Table Management Systems, Aristocrat Oasis, Ballys ACSC, Cantor Gaming, Sona Mobile
LMS, Opera, DataMagine, Timeox, Saflok, Concierge Assistant, Go Concierge, HotSOS, LodgeNet, WiSuite, Control 4, Delphi, Daylight
Point of Sale (POS):
InfoGenesis Revelation, Micros 8700/9700/Simphony, KWI, NSB
PROFESSIONAL | TECHNICAL CERTIFICATIONS
* Certified Project Director (CPD)
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
* Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
* Six Sigma Green & Black Belt
* Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
* ITILv3 Foundations Certificate
* CompTIA A+, Project +, I-Net, Strata Green IT
* MPM ® Master Project Manager
* Certified Hospitality Technology Professional (CHTP)
* MCTS: SharePoint Services 3.0 and SharePoint 2007- Config.
* MCTS: MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 Applications
* MCTS: MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 Customization & Config.
* MCITP:MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 Installation and Deployment
* MCITP: Ent. Project Mgmt. with MS Office Project Server 2007
* MCITP: Ent. Administrator & Server Administrator (In Progress)
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Bachelors in Business Administration: Management Information Systems (MIS)