Senior executive with track record of success in formulating and executing sustained, profitable growth strategies. Unique expertise in financial services in retail, banking, payment processing, credit/debit and prepaid card issuance. Demonstrated leadership in solving complex business issues and motivating teams to peak performance.
PROGRESSIVE PAYMENTS ADVISORS, LLC 2009-Present
Focus on providing best in class Payments strategies to retail merchants. Specialize in providing medium to large retailers with advise on optimizing payments of all types to maximize growth and profitability for their business. Also provide research, benchmark studies, and developing trends in the payments space.
Currently working with Overstock.com and PGA Tour Superstore, and The Strawhecker Group.
ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND GROUP 2006 - 2009
President/CEO, (2007- 2009)
Directed strategic planning/business development with full P&L responsibility for end-to-end US based merchant/transaction processing/acquiring business. Led 1300 colleagues, including 400+sales, customer relationship team, with 11 direct reports.
• Expanded sales channels to market adding National Merchant and Indirect Sales strategies/teams.
• Increased processing volume 166% from $27 billion to $72 billion.
• Increased transaction volume 233% from 523 million to 1.75 billion.
• Grew Net Revenue 54% from $147 million to $269 million.
• Improved Pre-tax profit by 51% from $63 million to $95 million.
• Led business to become Top 10 Acquirer in the US according to Nilsson Report annual rankings.
Executive Vice-President Retail Direct, (2006 – 2007)
Full P&L leadership of four strategic bank business lines – RBSLynk (merchant processing), Citizens Bank Debit/ATM, RBS National Bank (credit card issuing), and Kroger/RBS Personal Finance (joint venture partnership). Managed five direct reports with over 800 colleagues.
• Enabled growth while controlling costs through innovative organizational design; negotiating new vendor relationships; and product innovation.
• Grew total revenues 32% from $579 million to $767 million.
• Grew PTP 70% from $145 million to $245 million.
• Initiated and negotiated new debit card processing outsourcing that generated over $230 million in savings.
THE HOME DEPOT 1996 - 2006
Vice-President Credit Services
Provided leadership for the growth & development of all facets of Home Depot’s cards payments programs and relationships, including Private Label and Co-branded credit programs, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, debit and acquiring/processing networks relationships and pricing. Developed 50+ member high performing team with seven direct reports. Managed over 300 marketing programs annually with a 50+ member team and 2500 associates in six sites.
• Grew Home Depot “Private Label” credit sales from $900 million to $17 billion, from 6% to 24% of total sales (35% CAGR).
• Grew customer base from 2.2 million to over 16 million consumer and commercial customers.
• Negotiated contracts/agreements that generated over $4 billion in pretax value.
• Developed innovative commercial customer and prospects databases.
• Developed new financial products/services that drove same store sales, i.e., Home Improvement Loan, Co-brand Rewards MasterCard, Construction Loan partnership.
• Created a unique industry leading management partnership with CitiBank to manage private label and co-brand programs jointly.
THE LIMITED, INC./LIMITED CREDIT SERVICES Columbus, OH 1987 - 1996
(aka World Financial Network National Bank)
Created and developed a marketing organization that served all Limited Corporation operating divisions (Limited, Express, Abercrombie & Finch, Victoria’s Secret, Lerner, Lane Bryant, Victoria’s Secret Catalog, Lane Bryant Direct, Roaman’s, Lerner Direct, Henri Bendel). Developed and executed of credit/direct marketing plans/programs for all operating divisions. Directed strategic planning, budget and expense management/control, business growth – new customer acquisition and new product development.
• Increased growth customer base from 5 million to 20 million.
• Grew of credit sales from $350 million to $2.0 billion.
• Developed and strategically implemented a 30 million customer marketing database across fourteen Limited operating divisions.
• Developed and rolled out nine new private label credit card programs for the Limited Corporation.
• Created and development of a marketing organization/team from inception that supported customer needs and expectations.
• Created/developed several innovative, leading edge products and services that supported the mission/vision/growth of organization.
• Developed and implemented a customer marketing database system/strategy for The Limited Corporation
PAYLESS CASHWAYS, INC. Kansas City, MO 1984 - 1987
Director Sales Promotion
LOWE’S COMPANIES, INC. N. Wilkesboro, NC 1981 - 1984
Corporate Finance Sales Manager
B.A., History, George Mason University
MEMBERSHIPS & BOARDS
Board of Directors Kroger Personal Finance
Board of Directors RBS WorldPay
Board of Directors RBS National Bank
Member MasterCard Merchant Advisory Council
Member VISA, Inc. Acceptance Forum
Member Discover Advisory Board