Seasoned, results-oriented senior financial manager with a 20+-year record of progressive success in domestic and international environments. Visionary planner and superior problem-solver with big picture mentality. Strong leader and team builder able to effectively manage and motivate staff. MBA in Finance and Accounting. CMA. Expertise in the following competencies:
STRATEGIC PLANNING P&L/BUDGETING
HIGH LEVEL FORECASTING
· Successful tenure as CFO of Worldwide Information Systems for Fortune 100 company with accountability for financial functions of three business units with revenues of up to $1.3 billion.
· Functioned as a General Manager for a five-year period across U.S. and international environments.
· Achieved realization of financial expense and capital plan objectives for 7 of 8 years.
· Led three divisions to world-class asset management performance.
· Directed three IS development/operations organizations, including implementation of a new systems application architecture; the basis of these systems are still in use by NCR Corporation.
· Developed highly effective benchmarking capabilities for expenditures for IS and financial functions.
LEBANON PLASTICS, Lebanon, OH 2000 2002
Functioned as Chief Financial Officer with oversight of all accounting and financial functions for this plastic molding corporation. Administered cash management, monthly closing, general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable, capital expenditures and application software.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT, Dayton, OH 1997 1999
Conducted a wide range of financial consulting activities in support of small and startup businesses. Provided professional direction and guidance, as well as systems implementation. Extensively performed annual planning, IS systems selection, cash flow analysis, and process design.
NCR CORPORATION, Dayton, OH 1980 1997
Chief Financial Officer, Worldwide Information Systems (19951997)
Oversaw planning and financial integrity of global information systems for a 1,900-employee division with a $260 million expense budget, reporting to the corporate CIO and CFO. Created a financial process for IS project reporting and charge-out methodologies for both domestic and international business units.
· Led team tasked with design of a low-cost systems architecture for global IS financial reporting.
· Reduced closing turnaround time from 14 to four days.
· Directed supplier contract management functions, generating a cost savings of $40+ million.
· Created and maintained a financial process for exporting capital goods to global regional data centers in Germany, Australia and Japan, achieving U.S. tax benefits.
Richard A. Litwinko, CMA Page 2 of 3
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, Continued
NCR CORPORATION, Dayton, OH
Vice President/General Manager, Business Forms Division, Systemedia Group (19921994)
Oversaw a $100 million division of a $500 million global business unit, as one of three members of an executive management team reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer. Initiated multiple customer and associate satisfaction measurements and improvement programs.
· Managed the strategic redirection of the Division using a customer-focused business model.
· Oversaw successful right-sizing of sales and manufacturing organizations.
· Launched an electronic forms initiative to facilitate customer migration from paper-driven processes.
· Led teams to introduce quality function deployment across all functional organizations.
Assistant Vice President, Corporate Logistics (19881991)
Directed a wide range of order and system management functions for global operations, reporting to the Senior Vice President/Corporate CFO. Oversaw the order management process and automated system infrastructure. Administered distribution, forecasting/demand planning, import/export control and inventory management.
· Led a multi-million-dollar reengineering of the distribution process, improving product availability by 50% and reducing inventory by more than $100 million.
· Managed and implemented the reengineering of the $8 billion order management process, reducing the short-term order cycle by 50% and improving the order shipping fulfillment by 50%.
· Internalized quality process management (ISO 9000) tools to improve quality and productivity.
· Oversaw compliance with federal import/export regulations, reducing liability exposure to less than 1%.
Director (Geschaftsfuhrer), NCR Germany (19861988)
Directly managed the Austrian and Eastern Europe sales/marketing subsidiaries and Business Forms and Supplies and Customer Service divisions for a $400 million marketing/manufacturing subsidiary headquartered in Augsburg, Germany. Partnered with the native country manager to oversee internal operations.
· Increased profitability by more than 100% while doubling return on assets.
· Divested subsidiary divisions with nominal bottom line impact, despite European social legislation.
· Restructured the Austrian subsidiary, doubling revenue to more than $30 million.
· Stabilized Eastern European subsidiary profitability to position NCR for future growth, resulting in multi-million-dollar yields in revenue and profit following the dissolution of the USSR Eastern Bloc.
Chief Financial Officer, Europe Group (19841985)
Served as CFO for all Western and Eastern European countries with annual revenues of $1.3 billion, reporting to the Vice President, Europe. Oversaw 13 European subsidiaries and 400 personnel. Managed the financial reporting, planning/analysis, accounting, information systems, pricing and foreign exchange operations.
· Achieved profitability goals via improved margins and adequate foreign exchange contract coverage.
· Reduced inventory and accounts receivable assets to increase ROA by over 20%.
· Developed a strategic plan for future information processing, facilitating centralization of IS resources in Europe and the introduction of standard application software.
Director, Systemedia Finance and Administration (19811983)
Managed financial planning processes, reporting, accounting, and analysis in the chief financial position reporting to the Vice President of this $350 million company specializing in office supply products. Developed a revenue forecasting process for supply products with high volume, on demand contracts.
· Restructured major consolidation and closing entries, significantly streamlining the process and improving the quality of monthly and annual closes.
· Directed the accounts receivable process, reducing 60+-day past due receivables by 40%.
Richard A. Litwinko, CMA Page 3 of 3
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, Continued
NCR CORPORATION, Dayton, OH
Manager, Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (1980-1981)
Oversaw planning and quarterly estimate corporate reporting requirements, reporting to the Corporate AVP of Financial Planning and Analysis. Executed Corporate overview process of U.S. sales and service and international factories for quarterly Best Estimate submissions and annual plans.
· Provided international currency translation of international plant submissions.
· Presented critiques of business unit submissions to executive management.
MBA in Finance and Accounting
Wright State University, Dayton, OH
BS in Business Administration
Miami University, Oxford, OH
Certified Management Accountant (CMA), 1980
· Financial Executives Institute
· Institute of Management Accountants
· Former Trustee, IBFI (International Business Forms Industry) Research Foundation
· Former Chairman, IBFI Research Committee