Executive Job Description
The Perfect Candidate Possesses:
1. A Bachelors degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Technology Design) is required. A Master’s degree and / or PHD would be an advantage.
2. 10 – 15 years of progressive experience in manufactured industrial plastic products in areas of design and development.
3. Strong experience in strategic and tactical planning for projects centered on the plastics industry.
4. Ability to manage high-value projects with aggressive deadlines and timeframes.
5. Ability and desire to relocate (assistance provided) to Central Florida.
The Client Company is a leading provider of a world-class industrial services product line in conjunction with a state-of-the-art information technology and logistics system. As the World’s first and only large-scale supplier of this system, the client’s business model provides manufacturers and retailers with a superior number of compelling advantages in virtually every industry with specific focus on fast-moving consumer goods, including food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and their respective suppliers.
The successful Candidate
• Has a Bachelors degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Technology Design) is required. A Master’s degree and / or PHD would be an advantage.
• Has 10 to 15 years of progressive experience in manufactured plastic products in areas of design and development with measurable achievements and results in product development, improvement, and testing. A strong background in plastic molding, tooling processes, product performance design and development experience is necessary.
• Understands and researches existing and new materials in the design and producing of industrial-strength plastics.
• Demonstrates successful experience, leadership (at least five to seven years), and management of people primarily in the engineering and product development arena, yet is still able to interrelate with all sectors of the company, in order to bring about enhancement of productivity.
• Shows strong experience in strategic and tactical planning for projects centered on the plastics industry.
• Understands all phases of product and materials sourcing, research, design, development, manufacturing, and testing and operations and is able to integrate these areas into a successful development of new products, designs and technology.
• Is comfortable assessing and developing Customer Unit Load Design.
• Excels in managing high-value projects with aggressive deadlines and timeframes.
Primary Job Functions
(VP of Manufacturing & Product Design will be a key member of the company’s Executive Management Team reporting directly to the Chief Executive officer.)
This highly significant role will allow a strong entrepreneurial leader to progress exceptionally though demonstrating the ability to “leapfrog” the product sourcing, research, design, development, manufacturing and testing processes and systems within this company and the industry. The Vice President M&D will design products that are evolutionary and revolutionary for this company. This position is the key component of the company’s growth strategy through the development and execution of innovative design and sourcing processes that accommodate the business needs, competitive considerations, new technologies, and challenge and change the industry norms and standards.
This individual will
• Oversee the planning and execution of the company’s product Sourcing, Research, Design, Development, Manufacturing, Testing and Repair processes.
• Oversee the establishment of standards of product performance, measurement of results, analyzation of damage variables to maintain optimum operating efficiencies and troubleshoot problems.
• Drive the development of sound technical solutions for existing & new product designs and will seek technical engineering tasks/projects to provide a total solution of the product packaging.
• Will seek and build relationships externally with possible vendors and research institutions (including universities), customers and internally across the organization, develop improvement plans and successfully support program activities within a global environment.
• Think “out of the box” with an entrepreneurial approach towards the next generation of manufacturing engineering and design.
• Be responsible for overseeing the planning, executing and compiling results of warranty audits in the field including at manufacturer and retailer customer facilities, third-party operated depots and supplier facilities.
• Create proprietary competitive advantages through technological innovation by developing new products and tweaking current products while devoting energy to reducing timelines and costs.
• Will integrate Sourcing, Research, Design, Development, Manufacturing, Testing and Repair processes to support the platform initiatives of the company in the future.
This individual will
• Have an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to business.
• Possess the characteristics to nurture creativity, think abstractly, and conceptualize in order to utilize the core Engineering team as the foundation for product sourcing, research, design, development, testing and repair processes.
An excellent compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, annual performance-based bonus, relocation assistance, vacation, and health program.