Executive Job Description
Manager of Marketing and Sales Operations
“Sales Operations” is defined as “a set of business activities and processes that help a sales organization run effectively, efficiently and in support of business strategies and objectives”.
“Marketing” is defined as the ability to identify sales opportunities and put together programs to support sales efforts.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Strong analytical and financial skills with experience in forecasting and inventory management.
Abiliity to prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time.
Strong Communication Skills with ability to develop effective strategic partners.
Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Excel Spreadsheets and databases.
Attention to detail yet ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
Enjoys working as a part of a team.
Prefer experience in the protein industry.
Description: The Marketing and Sales Operations Manager is a position involving responsibilities in all aspects of facilitating and supporting the sales process, working closely with the Director of Sales and the sales team on execution of strategy, inventory management, production forecasting and planning, SKU rationalization, Branded, private label, and consumer packaging design & development, and logistics.
The duties by function:
1) Developing and administering a marketing database that includes prospect and client information, access to financial documents and reports, applications of mailing list, etc. Develop jointly with sales annual marketing strategies for the organization based on a market segment approach. Support, implement, and facilitate said annual strategy.
2) Develop a trade marketing budget by market segment along with strategies for implementation and monitoring
3) The position is also responsible for developing a strategy for penetration and growth in new or weak market segments such as Retail, Retail Deli, Military, Health Care, College/Universities, and Business & Industry.
4) Take the lead in new product development from concept, focus group, production and sales.
5) Develop a marketing strategy to continue and improve Brand position as the premium suppler.
6) Perform analysis for ongoing for SKU Rationalization with the goal of minimizing and reducing current SKU count.
7) Position has the responsibility for all Brand and Private label packaging accuracy and approvals.
8) Through SAP develop regional sales reporting and assure complete access to a P&L statement’s by customers by item.
9) Develop a pricing model with written list prices by SKU for internal purposes only.
10) Oversee, facilitate, and/or manage miscellaneous customer related projects as needed, assuring they are kept on time and in budget.
11) The ability to lead new projects such as the changeover from IPW to IQF by providing detailed analysis.
1) Complete a sales analysis of business as it pertains to volume and profitability by market segment. Have some (or high) level of authority to make decisions on what customers will be allocated fish when biomass is short.
2) Create training and development programs for sales managers with the Director of Sales.
3) Create product segmentation strategies with the Director of Sales wherever needed to maximize trade opportunities across different sales channels
4) Initiate action plan to advance and procure new business for the company by seeking out and directing new customer leads and sales opportunities to the sales force.
5) Sales Operations position is the point person for sales force to respond to bids across all market segments, including assistance with bid pricing, duration, specs & documentation
6) Assist the Director of Sales as needed with broker management, evaluation, and review.
7) Through SAP develop standardized detailed sales reports by broker, region, and customer
Inventory and Production Planning & Forecasting:
1) Develop and implement a forecasting model that ties sales by market segment to inventory, inventory on the water and scheduled production in Indonesia, Honduras and Mexico.
2) Communicate with salespeople on a weekly basis for individual forecasting changes to customer forecasts.
3) The model should be updated on a weekly basis and be able to forecast out inventory balances on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, six months and one year basis to include a 12-month rolling forecast.
1) Work with customer service to assure all orders shipped in a timely manner.
2) Work with production facilities to assure all product shipped as needed and in most cost efficient manner.
3) Develop reports that highlight and avoid potential problems in fulfilling orders. Study and make recommendations as needed on current warehouse locations.
4) Perform analysis of current case configurations of overseas shipping.