Executive Job Description
Relocation Assistance Is Available For this Position.
Engineering/Technical leader for hydraulic valves for Ag and Construction equipment will work closely with the Hydraulic Component, Electrical, Software, Simulation, Test Lab, and Vehicle Groups to design and develop directional valves for mobile equipment. The Engineering/Technical leader will be responsible for managing the workload and prioritization of projects as well as any personnel issues and the career development of a team of design engineers. This position contributes to the overall profitability of new and existing products, contributes to the reduction of overall product warranty activity, contributes to cost reduction methods related to component design on new and existing products, and contributes to component standardization and reduction of complexity through feature integration.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Engaging in the application/design/development and/or detailing of hydraulic valve systems and their sub-components including electro-hydraulic components for mobile applications
- Developing project plans, leads, supervises and reviews the work of project and design engineers to ensure the efficient and timely completion of project milestones within schedule and budgetary guidelines.
- Making recommendations to peers and direct manager based on sound engineering principles, practices and judgment pertaining to specific engineering problems as a contribution to the overall engineering and manufacturing objectives
- Utilizing CAD, Pro-E, Matlab and relevant software to develop designs, layouts and drawings for specific elements of products being developed and/or improved
- Incorporating engineering standards, methodologies and global product development processes into daily work tasks
- Working with internal Project Engineers and Competency Center manager to ensure available human resources and skill sets are allocated to achieve plan goals.
- Preparing major milestone review presentations for platform and executive leadership.
- Assisting in the creation of budgets, forecasts and capital equipment requirements with economic justifications linked to design and product development activities of valves
- Ensuring completion of engineering activities for meeting platform goals.
- Increasing design engineer & design team productivity
- Fostering an environment that welcomes and encourages new and innovative design concepts, inventions, patents and product opportunities for improvement (may personally obtain inventions/patents giving CNH a competitive edge over industry competitors).
- Providing frequent recommendations to direct manager, platform manager and/or competency center managers.
- Occasionally communicating with executive management.
- Communicating frequently with subordinate reports.
- Communicating frequently with cross functional support groups within the product platform with Competency Centers, and with key external suppliers.
- Occasionally communicate with dealers and equipment users regarding product issues.
- Travel Globally up to 25% of the time
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a technical role
- Experience with a major product launch
- Experience with product design and development with hydraulic valves.
- Experience with Design Analysis.
- Experience managing a major project development project from conception to release.
- Ability to travel globally up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with an emphasis in hydraulic valve design
- Previous experience managing a team, handling performance and behavioral issues & career planning and development preferred
- Experience managing a global engineering team.
Contact: Submit resume and documentation to email@example.com